Ukraine Protests

Fighting Weight

Vladimir Putin's top aide has voiced his total indifference to sanctions imposed on him following Crimea’s referendum to join Russia, audaciously saying Tupac Shakur is one of the only things that he cares about from the US.

Vladislav Surkov, known as the "grey cardinal" of the Kremlin, told a Russian newspaper he was proud to be on the list of people who had their assets frozen by president Barack Obama.

"It’s a big honour for me," he said.

"I don’t have accounts abroad. The only things that interest me in the US are Tupac Shakur, Allen Ginsberg, and Jackson Pollock. I don’t need a visa to access their work. I lose nothing."

:rofl:

Bars.

• Upvote 2

Vlad >>>>

They should do a russian version of house of cards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BREAKING: Ukrainian national guardsmen fire on crowd in Krasnoarmeysk; insurgent official says there are fatalities.

smh

One civilian was killed and several others wounded in eastern Ukraine as the National Guard started shooting at protesters and voters, who had gathered around a seized polling station in Krasnoarmeysk, self-defense forces and witnesses said.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT 

The National Guard entered the city in the Donetsk region earlier on Sunday and occupied several polling stations, the city council building among them. First reports on shooting appeared on Twitter.

“I just saw the National Guard kill one and injure several others,” Russian journalist Ilya Azar wrote in his micro-blog. Later this was confirmed by Denis Pushilin, the co-chairman of the self-proclaimed People's Donetsk Republic.

"People were just standing there, unarmed, outside the city council seized by the Guard," Azar tweeted commenting on a photo of the dead young man:

BnXpaFNIEAAzKKy.jpg

“One casualty, one injured from what I have seen,” said Monica Kalinowska, Ruptly field producer currently there, on her Twitter. Other unconfirmed reports on Twitter say at least three others sustained wounds.

“Before the shooting took place in Krasnoarmeysk people were negotiating with the 'national guards' in the administration building.They have told people that they are here peacefully and were asking for cigarettes, next thing we know they start shooting.”

An amateur video posted on YouTube shows several National Guard mercenaries blocking the entry to the city council headquarters used as a polling station, and firing at locals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4joK6D_-Wc

Krasnoarmeysk, together with many other places in southeastern Ukraine, has been conducting an autonomy referendum. Following the National Guard's interference, the voting was stopped. Four schools got seized by masked men; all the people had to be evacuated.

"They threatened us and said that they were sent by the Kiev authorities," Sergey, a local resident, told RT.

By that time, over 47,000 people had cast their ballots, self-defense forces said.

Russia and China seal historic $400bn gas deal

china-russia-gas-deal.si.jpg

After 10 years of negotiations, Russia's Gazprom and China's CNPC have finally signed a historic gas deal which will provide the world's fastest growing economy with the natural gas it needs to keep pace for the next 30 years.

A memorandum of understanding was signed in the presence of Russian President Vladimir Putin and President of China Xi Jinping on the second day of Putin’s two-day state visit to Shanghai.

The price China will pay for Russian gas remains a "commercial secret" according to Gazprom CEO Aleksey Miller. Gas will be delivered to China's via the eastern 'Power of Siberia' pipeline.

RT producers were informed of the landmark energy deal prior to its signing after a conversation with Miller.

Kai!

Big look for both nations.