Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chelsea Jack

What constitutes a white BEG and a black BOUNTY in your opinion?

Guest Chelsea Jack

Always here these terms thrown about on here, so let's have the definition, once and for all

DISCUSS

I think the term Bounty / Coconut is misused A LOT.

Most people that use it will use it to describe somebody that they see as not fitting a sterotype that exists in their head.

E.g. Calling a black man that is well spoken and educated a coconut, is racist. He is being called a coconut because he isn't a jive talking simpleton, which might be the sterotype that exists in the accuser's head.

However, the expression can be used correctly.

E.g. Rio Ferdinand calling Ashley Cole a coconut because he defended a man calling another man a "Black c*nt". I think the expression coconut was used correctly there.

Guest 90210

I think the term Bounty / Coconut is misused A LOT.

Most people that use it will use it to describe somebody that they see as not fitting a sterotype that exists in their head.

E.g. Calling a black man that is well spoken and educated a coconut, is racist. He is being called a coconut because he isn't a jive talking simpleton, which might be the sterotype that exists in the accuser's head.

However, the expression can be used correctly.

E.g. Rio Ferdinand calling Ashley Cole a coconut because he defended a man calling another man a "Black c*nt". I think the expression coconut was used correctly there.

fuk me my man drew for the sniper and did it in 1 hit

/tred

Guest 90210

that is true tho and that is what i see around town... heck i do it also... but generally when u see an educated black man, spoken well etc it is said he may be a coconut becoz he isnt using slang or might be dressing smart

a