Nelson Mandela

seven

Rip still man did 27 straight

That's more years then most man on here been alive

The true greats aren't allowed to be great tho

Had to come online im in a field in windsor

Anyway mugabe gang all day long

I aint shedding tears over a coward who betrayed the black man for naomi campbell and a nobel prize pay off

Mugabe will be proven in the years to come as black people who have taken their land back begin to reap the benetfis

You like Idi Amin?

Many remember Mandela as a hero, while others a terrorist. In my honest opinion, a man in his motherland can never be a terrorist should the Dutch boats come along, and people move in, only to later bring about racial segregation; curtailing all rights and forcing the indigenous peoples out into the slums; abductions, police brutality and murder brought upon them first; thousands of arrests and political prisoners of peaceful protest; students gunned down by the police against those calling for racial harmony. It is never right to take another life. If anyone should be responsible then it should be the National Party governments and all of right wing politics to which gives birth to all suffering. Mandela was not a terrorist. He was a freedom fighter.

• Upvote 6

Many remember Mandela as a hero, while others a terrorist. In my honest opinion, a man in his motherland can never be a terrorist should the Dutch boats come along, and people move in, only to later bring about racial segregation; curtailing all rights and forcing the indigenous peoples out into the slums; abductions, police brutality and murder brought upon them first; thousands of arrests and political prisoners of peaceful protest; students gunned down by the police against those calling for racial harmony. It is never right to take another life. If anyone should be responsible then it should be the National Party governments and all of right wing politics to which gives birth to all suffering. Mandela was not a terrorist. He was a freedom fighter.

LOL sounds like a year 10 GCSE answer.

• Downvote 1

I appreciate the fact that when he was younger he saw a problem and tried to deal with it the legal way. When he saw that that wasn't going to bring about the required change he made the necessary shift to more militant means. That's something that inspires me greatly because I've learned that I'll play ball with anyone willing to play the game fairly. If the rules start favouring someone else over me for no real reason I'm going to respond to that. 

Now I look at the way Mandela spent so long in prison and I can see how that kind of time would mellow him out. I've not been to prison and don't associate with those that spend their time in and out of it so I only have film and television to go on, but when people have been in prison for that length of time, hollywood shows them to have mellowed out quite a bit. Whether that is the truth or not I don't know, but in conveying that over to Mandela's switch from accepting the necessity for violence to 30 years later being appalled by it, I can definitely see how he would get there.

Violence and hate begets violence and hate. Its a dumb cycle and his sacrifice isn't the 30 years, its the acceptance that something he believed would get the job done he had to abandon and had to change because he didn't come out to peaceful times did he? The same thing he was fighting for years prior still needed to be addressed, and in that time violence and hate didn't solve it.

Oh and I've seen the Mandela Long walk to Freedom film. 7/10 they painted the young Mandela as a womaniser  :/