Barkley /#PLHype

The Infamous

Yaya CM over busquets

nah never. Busquets is a beast. They will probably write a whole book on him when he retires
He is too good

Has overtaken Mak in that position

exactly. makalele done it but busquets really pioneered his own thing

Hes the reason why most big teams now dont really see the need for a makalele anymore

Darkman...

I'm not sure what your definition of world class is so I won't get into debate but for myself, a world class is the best of the best. The creme de la creme. Barkley has not shown enough thus far in the space of less than a YEAR to warrant that. No player irrespective of nationality deserves that.

Not every player develops along the same continuum so to automatically assume because player A wasn't as good at player B's age & eventually did get to be WC, the same will happen for player B is wrong.

There are so many types of CMDeep line(Pirlo,Xabi)Enforcer(Busquets,Martinez)Box to Box(Yaya,Vidal,Gundogan)Creative CM(Xavi,Iniesta,Schweni)

Lol, they don't get it.

That world XI follows a formation which is the most widely used in elite football.

Double pivots are the standard. Enforcer + Deep-lying playmakers are what tend to work. Busquets & Schweni were the best performers in their respective roles in 2013 even though they at times become hybrids of their roles.

Darkman...

I'm not sure what your definition of world class is so I won't get into debate but for myself, a world class is the best of the best. The creme de la creme. Barkley has not shown enough thus far in the space of less than a YEAR to warrant that. No player irrespective of nationality deserves that.

Not every player develops along the same continuum so to automatically assume because player A wasn't as good at player B's age & eventually did get to be WC, the same will happen for player B is wrong.

A key attribute of being world class is ability. That is something that you have or don't and has nothing to do with how long he's being playing . In my opinion Barkely has the ability to be World Class.

There are so many types of CMDeep line(Pirlo,Xabi)Enforcer(Busquets,Martinez)Box to Box(Yaya,Vidal,Gundogan)Creative CM(Xavi,Iniesta,Schweni)

Lol, they don't get it.

That world XI follows a formation which is the most widely used in elite football.

Double pivots are the standard. Enforcer + Deep-lying playmakers are what tend to work. Busquets & Schweni were the best performers in their respective roles in 2013 even though they at times become hybrids of their roles.

+1

Valdes is never the best keeper in the world

He's been the best keeper of 2013. Carried that title-winning Barca defence & Spain defence on occasion without the luxury of a great defensive unit like Courtois at Atletio or Neuer at Bayern.

A defensive unit just doesn't mean defenders. Defense starts at the front, especially in a team like Barca. They dominate possession more time.

Why do you think someone like Mascherano can get away with playing as a defender?

Playing in such a great team has made people like Pique, Masch and Valdes look better than they actually are

Honestly, if you make a World XI for 2013, a PL player isn't on there. With the most used formation - 4-2-3-1

GK: Valdes

RB: Lahm

LB: Alaba

CB: Thiago Silva and .... (definitely not a CB playing in the PL)

CM's: Schweinsteger & Busquets

AM: Messi

WF: Ronaldo & Ribery

CF: Ibrahimovic or Lewandowski

On form right now I would have Mertesacker in there

Going by form yeah?

Dante>>Any CB in world football

In 2013, on performances across every stage, I'd have Dante before Mertersacker too.

Miranda too maybe.

Honestly, if you make a World XI for 2013, a PL player isn't on there. With the most used formation - 4-2-3-1

GK: Valdes

RB: Lahm

LB: Alaba

CB: Thiago Silva and .... (definitely not a CB playing in the PL)

CM's: Schweinsteger & Busquets

AM: Messi

WF: Ronaldo & Ribery

CF: Ibrahimovic or Lewandowski

On form right now I would have Mertesacker in there

Going by form yeah?

Dante>>Any CB in world football

In 2013, on performances across every stage, I'd have Dante before Mertersacker too.

Miranda too maybe.

Godin

Thiago

Juve 3