Barkley /#PLHype

The Infamous

Bale's start? Pretty good TBF.

I do think Isco's injury played a BIG part in it in the sense Madrid went from a 4-2-3-1 shape to a 4-3-3 shape which allowed them to start both Bale & Ronaldo as 2 wide forwards. 4-3-3 is a formation that's more suited to that.

Even when Isco did return, I think Ronaldo was out, so they did revert back to 4-2-3-1, and essentially Bale took his place as the wide forward & Di Maria as the wide midfielder which allowed Madrid that balance & of course faciliated Bale's good form in the last few games.

My concerns are that...

1. His 'stats' are not taken into context but purely seen as e.g. 9 goals, 4 assists in 12 games, he MUST be killing it & people aren't actually watching his overall performance.

2. When Ronaldo is back, does Ancelotti go with a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 with Isco, Di Maria, Ronaldo & Bale all healthy?

Food for thought.

What do you make of his overall performance?

I've missed the last few games but from the previous games I got the impression he's still not completely at ease as a Real Madrid player but not necessarily in a tactical or even footballing sense, more in the sense of "I'm actually at Real Madrid" but that was to be expected.

Ancelotti has definitely got a problem on his hands with the team selection but I find it hard to believe he'll entirely ditch the 4-3-3 at least in the league when they're so freely steam rolling teams.

Going back to barkely

See this holding onto the ball too long and being very 1 paced in his directness

Could be a huge problem if it is not due to his lack of game experience

Because that means he lacks a killer pass/has no vision and is tactically inept...

Ravel is streaks ahead at the moment.

Lol someone neg darkman for the lukaku comment

Did you not see the run what took away both arsenal defenders leaving mirralles wide open on a 3 on 3 for barkely to dwell on the ball too much then fuck up the pass.

• Upvote 2

On current form he is/was....

Think he will start this world cup too

Was thinking that, Morrison >>> Barkley with EASE.

Haven't seen anybody say otherwise

However one is playing under Martinez and one is playing under Big Sam

One plays in a 4-2-3-1 system with a striker like Lukaku ahead of him and a player like McCarthy behind him, Miralas, Pienarr, Baines and Coleman on the flanks etc

One is playing in a 4-5-1-0 formation with plays like Nolan and Mark Noble around him

Hopefully end of the season he gets a move, can't wait to see him used properly, with the right players around him, every week that goes by he is wasting his potential there

Honestly, if you make a World XI for 2013, a PL player isn't on there. With the most used formation - 4-2-3-1

GK: Valdes

RB: Lahm

LB: Alaba

CB: Thiago Silva and .... (definitely not a CB playing in the PL)

CM's: Schweinsteger & Busquets

AM: Messi

WF: Ronaldo & Ribery

CF: Ibrahimovic or Lewandowski

Suarez.

• Upvote 2

Yeah Mert is in great form atm. suarez over lewandowski as well

We know he's capable but Lewandowski excelled in Europe whilst Suarez didn't, unfair if you put him above the former.

I thought you lot liked to talk up international football?

Stop using this as an argument, Suarez has excelled at the highest level, and he is more talented than Lewandowskis can dream to be .

What major international tournament has Suarez excelled in, in 2013 which is what the list is (clearly) based on?

He has excelled in Copa America in 2011, and he is the highest scorer in the South American qualifiers.

If were talking 2013, as of right now he has the best goal to game ratio in all the top leagues.

He is better than Lewandowski, i'm using the international football to show you that it doesn't matter that he hasn't shone in the CL since you lot always put credence in turning up at that stage.

Any level Suarez plays at he will shine, period.

• Upvote 2

Suarez just makes me enjoy football in the same way that Dinho does so I'd have him over pretty much any striker.

I couldn't give a shit about technique or tactics when the ball is at his feet, he just makes me smile.

It helps that he's an outrageously talented baller as well.

Suarez just makes me enjoy football in the same way that Dinho does so I'd have him over pretty much any striker.

I couldn't give a sh*t about technique or tactics when the ball is at his feet, he just makes me smile.

It helps that he's an outrageously talented baller as well.

Have to agree to a certain extent 

Everton manager Roberto Martinez described Ross Barkley as a cross between Michael Ballack and Paul Gascoigne after the youngster’s brilliant display.

The 20-year-old showed his power, pace and awareness to outshine Arsenal's Mikel Arteta and Mesut Ozil on Sunday with a performance of real maturity.

He was at the heart of Everton's dominant first-half especially, which left Martinez enthused.

'I've never seen a young English player with his sort of mentality,' said Martinez.

'I can see some (Michael) Ballack in him and some Gazza (Paul Gascoigne). It's fine for us to make comparisons but he is Ross Barkley. He has great balance, is good with both feet and is developing an incredible awareness.'

'You can compare him against any of the best young Brazilians, Dutch or even Spanish.'

'We need to give him time and need to accept that it will take time but he has absolutely everything.

'The manager of England has to decide what role there is for Ross, if any, but we need to make sure we give him 50 games to see his evolution.

'Any players with talent need to develop their understanding and the know-how to be effective. As a country we need to be more protective of our young players but if we look after him he can give the nation something unique.'