Free the realness

Pro

Do you think that people are being less real about themselves then ever before.

So many people are portraying this image that they can't maintain forever.

From bruddas stunting with the LV shades and no electric at yard to 3s moving like a socialite  

Chatting to girls this question always comes up, what's your type? I don't want her to know what my type is. I just want her to be real so that i can figure out if we're compatible or not.

• Upvote 2

i mean just because someone posts on instagram them in an LV drop or something doesnt realy mean anything... the person or people that knows that person knows if they work or not etc etc

so it only feeds the exterior persons concept about THAT person and whether the person looking at THAT person has enough hate to say 'look at him trying to stunt' etc etc

i mean just because someone posts on instagram them in an LV drop or something doesnt realy mean anything... the person or people that knows that person knows if they work or not etc etc

so it only feeds the exterior persons concept about THAT person and whether the person looking at THAT person has enough hate to say 'look at him trying to stunt' etc etc

Well, I'd say it probably means they're a c*nt, I can't think of anything but superficial, consumerist, attention-seeking reasons for doing something like that

I can also say with reasonable certainty, that it's an attempt to garner social status that one doesn't actually possess, as most people who hang out in circles where owning expensive things such as LV, don't need to post on instagram about it

So I mean, black guys posting up pics of them rocking an LV belt with a stupid tagline, are a direct parallel of a middle class white guy posing like this

wigger6.jpg

Craving the trappings of upper-class white society in an effort to look like something they're not, while the actual people who own and make the stuff would laugh at them

• Upvote 2

Its all to do with Instagram

Niggas use insta as a means to show off...

create the fake life to show off to other niggas and the cycle begins

+ Instagram has given more of an insight on how the real money men live i.e scott disk etc and these rental fuckboys try to emulate

• Upvote 1

i dunno we are in our 20's(well most), in our 20's we try to discover ourselves, this varies from fashion choices to career goals. like fresh said everyone wants to try and be somebody, even if it comes across as stunting 

by the time we hit 30 odd, i hope the stunning dons have grown up and discovered LV dont pay the bills 

• Upvote 1

Talking/dressing/acting like a c*nt is not finding yourself

Exploring spirituality

Studying

Trying different hobbies

Meeting new people from different walks of life

Travelling

These are finding yourself

What these waste of life forms do is not finding yourself

IMO

''Trapstar generation''

• Upvote 3

Pos to Cipher on bringing up the role of social media, we flippantly talk about how much of a game changer it has been for our generation but on a real this shit is changing the psyche of the new generation who haven't experienced life without it.

I've got a couple of youngers on my Facebook and I see them doing this like for rate bullshit all in the pursuit of what, a notification saying someone likes your photo? It's all a bit mad really when you actually look at how wrapped up in themselves the average person has become in part due to social media.

• Upvote 3

People think this is a substitute for real life

Having all your friends and others in one place where you can all converge forgetting you still have a real life, not possessing basic life skills and such. Everybody has a 'voice'

Question I ask myself is where does it stop?

These people always surround themselves with ''yes'' people

Female friends who they also gass up and lie to, to keep her confidence and status who in return does the same to person 1

Guys who will suck her ass throw a straw 

These people so digitally sheltered and so far removed from reality

I hate being a part of this generation

You lot do not understand how bad it is

I think there's more pressure on people being a somebody. It's a good thing, while some choose to pretend, others are motivated to be it for real.

This is it, people don't care about being acknowledged for being the best at what they do anymore, they just wanna be known period.

It's sickening tbh.

• Upvote 2

Was stunting not around before the explosion of social media?

Is it now more frequent or has social media just put it in our line of sight?

It is way deeper than just stunting

My point is that social media may have just provided a platform to see the characteristics of people, which we were once oblivious to.

or it may have given people a platform to develop new characteristics.

Chicken or egg?

My girls younger sister is the stereotypical victim of instagram culture.

I truly believe she got into stripping because of the need to fuel this stupid lifestyle.

Jordans, Yolo, Tatts, fake modelling, red bottoms, photos of the plate in the restaurant, in and out of relationships etc...

Sad shit.

• Upvote 1

Guest Chelsea Jack

Talking/dressing/acting like a c*nt is not finding yourself

Exploring spirituality

Studying

Trying different hobbies

Meeting new people from different walks of life

Travelling

These are finding yourself

What these waste of life forms do is not finding yourself

IMO

''Trapstar generation''

Kind of spot on

Was stunting not around before the explosion of social media?

Is it now more frequent or has social media just put it in our line of sight?

It is way deeper than just stunting

My point is that social media may have just provided a platform to see the characteristics of people, which we were once oblivious to.

or it may have given people a platform to develop new characteristics.

Chicken or egg?

Well we've recently had this discussion via a debate forum with some brand-heads from Google, Facebook & Twitter

The premise was essentially that they would each be arguing differing perspectives on their views on social media

The fella from the sinister Orwellian company, Google, can't remember his name, posited that 'your online self, IS your real self', and that our activity online is merely a reflection of our activity IRL (he of course tied this in with all the utterly invasive ways google could serve you, excitedly shifting in his seat and explaining to use that no matter where we were, google could give us location-based answers to any questions we asked it via a satnav ability)

The guy from sinister Orwellian company, Facebook, argued (which I tend agree with) that your online-self, isn't your real self, isn't really a representation of your real self, but an adapted sense of self, to fit into whatever purpose fits the current need

Social media allows you to project an image of yourself that you want to, be it true or not, from angle shots, to pictures stunting with something, to selective pictures of you always in clubs or with women, or playing football, or whatever you want

Not EVERY person does this of course, but I would say a large majority of young people use social media for the purposes of 

1. Dating / luring the opposite sex

2. Maintaining an image (even if it is just sexy picture after sexy picture)

And in my experience, people are the least truthful when doing number 1 and  2

It's the more extreme end of social media that is filled with the above, it's a way of gaining instant gratification in the form of sexual appreciation / opportunity, it's a way to indulge your ego even if the compliments you receive are for clothes or cars that aren't your own

It's the atavistic end side of the age of information 

• Upvote 4