Trapstar

Horatio Caine

http://youtu.be/gFcXpuPAtNA

nice lil look( in terms of interview,not clothing)

props to these man.

I like to see people who put thought & creativity into their work

Not these up & coming ass niggas who just fire up ms word and print a fancy slogan on a T shirt and call themselves fashion moguls

You basically just described Trapstar, I've never seen anything remotely original from them that you can't find the original of on Karmaloop
Well you can say that about alot of clothing and fashion in the retail high street.

Even zara are stocking the Kanye sleeveless hooded drop with the leather shorts with leggings like stretchers under

I am saying props to these man cuz alot of fashion peeps I gave come across on road are just slogans and patterns on primary tees. At least these man are diverting a touch

You can say that about a lot but I wouldn't give them props for being particularly creative or thoughtful about their work.

And a lot of their street wear stuff doesn't go much further than slogans whilst referencing something from the 90's/80's or photoshops of images you can find on the web. They've definitely done well but I don't really see the creativity of their brand that sets them aside from a lot of others.

img_9754_1.jpg

trp6.jpg

img_8969.jpg

A fashion business of Trapstars kind needs brand recognition. As much as you may not like logo's you have to admit it's necessary. 

They have regular low volume releases which creates demand for the product and exclusivity for the brand, once sold out.

They have a bespoke (logo-free) premium range that is measured to your requirements, by a tailor. You also have an element of input in the design.

Can't ask for much more than that. They provide for the bandwagon, get their £ worth. Then still provide creativity for those who are interested enough to seek it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Chelsea Jack

The name and people that wear 'Trapstar' is just cringe to me

Either these ''road guys'' who want to show people they ''trap''

Or these neeky hipster Esquilalx type guys 

Would never it myself

di real

tbf these man started up a streetwear brand at the perfect time. they've been around long enough to earn their respectability/coolness or whatever, and now you see cara & rihanna wearing trapstar in the evening standard every other week.

they've done very well selling their brand/image

i've never rated their designs, quality, or prices, and would purchase myself, but they tried to do something and it came off - you have to respect that

it's still cringe and will only get worse, but props still

• Upvote 1