FAO: DJ's.

Seth Rollins

Madman my cousin started djing again couple years back vectra helped him with pointers as far as the tech was concerned

Them man don't use controllers they use use upgraded MacBooks with some programme on it

My cousin picked up a 2nd hand mac to use for raves and radio couple months ago for about 3 bills as a backup

Dunno if you chat to vectra or not but if u want I'll ask him to give me a list of exactly what hardware and software he uses and let you know

13 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Madman my cousin started djing again couple years back vectra helped him with pointers as far as the tech was concerned

Them man don't use controllers they use use upgraded MacBooks with some programme on it

My cousin picked up a 2nd hand mac to use for raves and radio couple months ago for about 3 bills as a backup

Dunno if you chat to vectra or not but if u want I'll ask him to give me a list of exactly what hardware and software he uses and let you know

Probably serato, what hardware are they using tho?

Cant just be mixing on the macbook with no hardware

Fuck CDs tbh, can't go back to life before playlists and set cue points etc, rekordbox only or vinyl if I need to show man the analog levels.

Turning up to a pair of CDJs plugging in your USB and watching it change colour and automatically load all your settings>>>>>_____

I have to use Serato at Capital but long fraffing around plugging in stuff to a mixer if you're playing at a club.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Da Luv Doc said:

I don't understand the hype with using this "laptop software" though.

I don't see the fun in it whatsoever.

Not like there's any skill involved at all.

Depends on what you're trying to do though. If I'm at a mate's house messing around he has 1210's and I have Serato vinyls or my old Grime/Garage records. For radio it's literally presenting.

As for Club DJ'ing I packed all that in but when I do I take my SL Rane 3 and use CDJ's. There's no fun in DJ'ing any more. Sooner mandem accept that the better. :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Turntables have gotta be the first things i cop when i purchase a yard.

• Upvote 1

technology>

Bought some numarks back in 08 with a mixer for £50 from some guy kept them in the shed for years

earlier this year I was curious/bored so I copped a serato sl2 controller on ebay for £100

got a cracked version of serato dj for the mac & samsung and I've been rocking ever since, time coding is so sick

i would try the pro cdjs with the sound effects n that but I prefer vinyl and it's not that serious for me

8 hours ago, Trap God said:

I think my cuz uses traktor and most places have them pioneer cdj's so he don't bother with a controller

thats why i said dinky would like the xdj, its just the same as the cdjs without the cd slot, so it transfers across to clubs the same because you can just dash your usbs in the cdjs and all controls will be the same and the deck will be set up to your liking.

Ive got serato + controller at home for messing about, but if i was serious think i would prefer the rekordbox usb route, long carrying around a lappy and having software that could potentially crash.

19 hours ago, Seth Rollins said:

Depends on what you're trying to do though. If I'm at a mate's house messing around he has 1210's and I have Serato vinyls or my old Grime/Garage records. For radio it's literally presenting.

As for Club DJ'ing I packed all that in but when I do I take my SL Rane 3 and use CDJ's. There's no fun in DJ'ing any more. Sooner mandem accept that the better. :lmao:

So you DJ just for the cash? I don't understand why clubs don't just have a CD player or something and just play tunes that the software spits out, pre-programmed.

The generic DJ is dead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2016 at 8:46 PM, Trap God said:

So mans secret is pizza :lol:

• Upvote 1