The Tim 'Yolo' Sherwood Thread

Rsonist

Nah azza is good but I don't understand his reluctance to dribble and take on his man, been playing too conservatively for a while

When Jol was trying to coach him into playing #10 & on the left he should've listened more & been more receptive, just like Sterling who plays everywhere

Feel sorry for Tim, but he doesn't help himself

Harry >

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This has beens lennons worst season for us ever, lost all ability to take a man on, passing is poor, looses the ball so much.

looks like his pace is starting to go.

Ledley King would love nothing more than to one day become Tottenham manager.

Having made 323 appearances for the north Londoners, injury prematurely put paid to the Spurs captain's playing career in 2012.

King has been working as an ambassador for the club since then but has not given up on the idea of influencing play on the field.

The former defender has been studying for his coaching badges and, still only 33, would like nothing more than to take the hotseat in north London one day.

"I will do my badges, complete that and it would be a dream come true for me to lead the team out as a manager," King told Press Association Sport.

"It is early days for me still, I've got a lot to learn on that side and I realise how difficult it is.

"I will take my time, try to get my badges and all you can do is see where you go from there."

King would certainly be a popular appointment by Tottenham, currently managed by another one of their ex-players, Tim Sherwood.

Les Ferdinand, Steffen Freund and Tony Parks are others on the first-team coaching staff, which reports suggest could be completely reshaped this summer.

Louis van Gaal, Mauricio Pochettino and Frank de Boer have all been mentioned as potential replacements for Sherwood after a season that is likely to see Spurs miss out on Champions League football.

"It has been difficult (for Tim)," King said. "I have started to do my coaching badges and I realise that it is tough on the other side, being a manager.

"It is similar to being a fan in some respects - you want to get on the pitch and try and help but you can't. I can understand it is difficult.

"Tim is working with the players that have been brought into the club before him, so he is doing his best to get the best out of everyone.

"I believe he is going to be a top, young manager - not just him but the likes of Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey all working together.

"From now until the end of the season, they will try and win as many games as possible and see where that takes them."

There are six matches remaining this term, starting with Sunderland coming to White Hart Lane on Monday and ending when Aston Villa visit on May 11.

The day after the season finale Spurs will celebrate King's career in a testimonial match, which will see the former England international lead a Ledley Guest XI comprised of those from his playing days against the current first-team.

"No player knows when they are going to retire," King said. "With myself, I wasn't really sure. It was a case of getting to the end of the season and assessing things.

"It will be great for me to come back onto the pitch, knowing this will be my time to say thank you to the fans.

"They've supported me throughout my career. They're the best fans in the world and it will be great for me to come back out here one my time and say thank you."

:: Tickets for King's testimonial on May 12 at White Hart Lane are on general sale now, with adult tickets £20.00 and under-16s available for £5.00.

:Y:

i give it 4/5 years and another 3 sackings

"I'll be on the touchline on Monday. I'll be knocking out as many people as I can," Sherwood said with a smile.

"I've had a lot of time to prepare this week. If [the players] don't know what it's all about, they ain't going to."

Spurs fans, disenchanted by their side's performance in the 4-0 defeat at Liverpool on 30 March, chanted: "Where is our manager?" in reference to Sherwood's decision to watch the entire match from the stand.

"Against Liverpool, I feel there was a technical mismatch between the two teams," he said. "There was nothing we could do to turn it around, unfortunately.

"I can learn more about my players for the future sitting up top than going down there to the touchline.

"I would've had no effect on that game [against Liverpool]. Against teams we've got left to play, the players know the script now."

cant believe levy made this c*nt our manager

• 2 weeks later...

The guys a cancer

His comments this week smh

“I watched Eriksen at 17 at Wembley for Denmark – I rung Daniel Levy the day after and said that he need to sign this boy."

Christian Eriksen has never played at Wembley, and the match Tim Sherwood was referring to took place in Copenhagen at around the time of the Dane’s nineteenth birthday.

An innocent mistake maybe, but for some Tottenham fans this was just the latest example of Sherwood being Sherwood, and of him channeling his inner-Redknapp to increase his perceived value.

When he leaves White Hart Lane in the Summer, his managerial obituary will be short but it will be dominated by what he has said rather than what he has done – and maybe that’s why Daniel Levy has decided after just four months that this isn’t a direction worth maintaining.

The sound-bytes have been endless, the disparaging remarks about his own players have been ill-advised and clumsy, and the supporters have already tired of hearing another Cockney voice blaming everyone but himself when points are dropped.

As and when Tottenham appoint Sherwood’s successor, the usual set of British ex-players will circle the wagons and come to his defence. A steady stream of 1990s footballers and managers will savage Levy for not giving Sherwood enough time and bemoan the lack of a ‘proper chance’ – if we’re lucky, we may even be treated to a fresh round of the ‘but if he was foreign’ narrative.No. They will all be wrong.

Ignoring the fallacy of him actually warranting this opportunity to begin with, that response ignores some very unhealthy realities.The brevity of Tim Sherwood’s reign is only remarkable in a single sense: that already the indicators of failure have become glaringly obvious. That’s deeply worrying; instead of the collective enthusiasm that you would expect at the beginning of a new tenure, there’s already a tangible dissatisfaction spilling onto Twitter and certain players have instantaneously become disillusioned with life at the club.

What choice does Levy have? What kind of chairman, being aware of that kind of negativity, would willfully allow it to fester within his club?

Sherwood knows the club inside out but not well-enough to pick a first-eleven. He doesn’t know who his best players are, but he’s certain that Sandro isn’t one of them. He expects big performances against hugely-talented opposition but believes most of his players to be ‘much of a muchness’. It’s contradiction after contradiction and his actions have at every turn remained consistent with those of someone who doesn’t possess the personality to manage one of the biggest clubs in the country.He’s just another ex-player who has been allowed to go too far in the game, and his ambition and politicking have taken him beyond his limitations.

Are Tim Sherwood's days as Spurs manager numbered? Ruud Gullit certainly seems to think so. The former Chelsea manager spoke to BBC 5Live and indicated that outgoing Netherlands manager Louis Van Gaal already has a deal in place to replace Sherwood as manager of Tottenham Hotspur at the conclusion of this summer's World Cup:

"I know for sure [Daniel Levy] was at Van Gaal's house, the [spurs] chairman. I think it's a done deal, but you never know."

Who's Spurs next choice?

Tim prob get a fucking extension at this rate

Moyes would be a good choice imo

Alot to prove to people

Would make you solid again, some structure etc

Bring in Steve Round, some Ipads 

Best scouting system in the world ttkk

Levy would be stupid to not at least interview him

piss off bane.

dont try palm the moyes boys society on to us.

• Upvote 2

David Moyes is being tipped for a potentially immediate return to management at Tottenham Hotspur, if he gets sacked by Manchester United as expected.

Reports on Monday strongly suggested that the Old Trafford hierarchy had lost patience with the Scot and were planning to axe him in the summer, if not before.

A 2-0 defeat to his former club Everton, where Moyes left in June 2013 to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at United, was the latest disappointment of his reign and ensured that Champions League qualification is now beyond the Red Devils.

Another Premier League manager who is likely to be ousted at the end of the season is Tottenham's Tim Sherwood, whose position has been questioned ever since he took the job in December of last year.

Outgoing Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal has been heavily touted as the next Lillywhites head coach, but is also thought to be monitoring Moyes's situation at United as he looks to test himself in England.

SkyBet are indicating that, if they lose out on their primary target, Spurs may look no further than Moyes as an alternative, with the 50-year-old the 6-1 third favourite, having previously been 40-1.

Southampton's Mauricio Pochettino and former AC Milan chief Massimiliano Allegri have also been linked with a move to White Hart Lane, with Van Gaal the 3-1 frontunner for both possible vacancies.

David Moyes has been dismissed as manager of Manchester United - but could he make a swift return to management?

While still the manager of Everton, Moyes was strongly linked with a switch to Tottenham.

Spurs are expected to make a change this summer with chairman Daniel Levy understood to be unhappy with the appointment of Tim Sherwood. While the current

Tottenham manager was given a contract until the end of next season, few expect him to be in charge beyond the end of the current campaign.

Louis van Gaal, the current Netherlands manager who has expressed a desire to manage in the Premier League when he steps down from his current position after the World Cup, is the name most strongly linked with White Hart Lane.

However, the Dutchman has quickly emerged as one of the leading contenders to replace Moyes at Old Trafford, which could mean Tottenham have to look elsewhere.

That raises the possibility that Levy could turn his attention back to Moyes and try to convince the outgoing Manchester United manager to make a quick return to the Premier League with Tottenham.

Despite such a poor spell in charge at Old Trafford, Moyes' stock will remain strong. 11 years of relative success at Everton haven't been wiped out by one poor season. There are likely to be various offers when he leaves Old Trafford.

Unlux

LMFAO RIP SPURS 200__ - 2014

Lazy journalism

Work experience journalism you mean.

Moyes wouldn't have made it to Xmas at Spurs :lol:

We would be the worst club for him to come to

Just called Europa league teams in groups, 'pub teams'

:lol:

people are going nuts

Hes right though :lol: for once

lol. Do you reckon he will stick in management after this?

/

Europa group stages are a big joke.

Sherwood: "There has been no one at this club who has done a better job at the Premier League. My record stands for itself."