Buying your own property in London

Captain Planet

19 minutes ago, Badman said:

In context the word chance is quite ambiguous And misleading

given the chance I’m sure anybody would.

getting that chance is what’s the issue here 

Ain't misleading as I said it in case it wasn't an option.

But yeah saving for a yard is like chasing road runner, with prices up by tens of thousands in short periods of time.

36 minutes ago, Afroman said:

The London housing market is going to stay distorted.

There needs to be some type of industrial/capital shift to the midlands and north to try and even things out. 

aint no industry B

next 5-10 years automation is gonna eat up a lot, I honestly cant even see how things are gonna carry on as it is. everything from self driving cars/lorries, AI lawyers/accountants, automated supermarkets, couriers, medical robots, AI video doctors, more advanced factory robots, farming robots, 3D house printers.

theres gonna need to be a major shift in the way people earn money

24 minutes ago, QPR Dee said:

aint no industry B

next 5-10 years automation is gonna eat up a lot, I honestly cant even see how things are gonna carry on as it is. everything from self driving cars/lorries, AI lawyers/accountants, automated supermarkets, couriers, medical robots, AI video doctors, more advanced factory robots, farming robots, 3D house printers.

theres gonna need to be a major shift in the way people earn money

Somones gotta automate  these bots though ?

So those are jobs in itself.

Why would you do that?

Mortgage payments will be cheaper than your rent every month and renting off a landlord is just throwing money away, at least a mortgage you're paying towards something you'll eventually own. Also to get a buy to let mortgage you need a huge deposit 25-30 percent

The tough part is getting a big enough deposit together and earning enough to borrow a decent amount of money which is pretty much impossible for the average Londoner.

3 hours ago, zoot said:

Why would you do that?

Mortgage payments will be cheaper than your rent every month and renting off a landlord is just throwing money away, at least a mortgage you're paying towards something you'll eventually own. Also to get a buy to let mortgage you need a huge deposit 25-30 percent

The tough part is getting a big enough deposit together and earning enough to borrow a decent amount of money which is pretty much impossible for the average Londoner.

U defintely misunderstood 

He's talking about buying to let 

12 hours ago, Platinum50 said:

is it even worth it to buy your first house to live in it? I been thinking about it and it makes more sense to rent it out if you get one. I dunno if my logic is flawed or not but with these prices its just not adding up to me 

of course its worth it,  if you buy and rent out and live then go rent outside london and along with your additional expenses and commute into london it still makes financial sense to you then yes it is worth it. 

unless you get tenants from hell

1 hour ago, Greens said:

But then you're living in Luton

??