Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Planet

Buying your own property in London

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

LOOOL

Unlucky

/

people who bought yesterday are crying, could have saved thousands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yhfam said:

This mortgage thing is just fuckin long in this country 

might just rent 

Don't. Firm it and buy if there's a chance you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for everyone whos parents still live in council homes/ housing association 

that is your key to the prop ladder

don't waste that opportunity 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

Given the chance why not.

In context the word chance is quite ambiguous And misleading

given the chance I’m sure anybody would.

getting that chance is what’s the issue here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Badman said:

In context the word chance is quite ambiguous And misleading

given the chance I’m sure anybody would.

getting that chance is what’s the issue here 

Ain't misleading as I said it in case it wasn't an option.

But yeah saving for a yard is like chasing road runner, with prices up by tens of thousands in short periods of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The London housing market is going to stay distorted.

There needs to be some type of industrial/capital shift to the midlands and north to try and even things out. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Afroman said:

The London housing market is going to stay distorted.

There needs to be some type of industrial/capital shift to the midlands and north to try and even things out. 

 

 

aint no industry B

next 5-10 years automation is gonna eat up a lot, I honestly cant even see how things are gonna carry on as it is. everything from self driving cars/lorries, AI lawyers/accountants, automated supermarkets, couriers, medical robots, AI video doctors, more advanced factory robots, farming robots, 3D house printers.

theres gonna need to be a major shift in the way people earn money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, QPR Dee said:

aint no industry B

next 5-10 years automation is gonna eat up a lot, I honestly cant even see how things are gonna carry on as it is. everything from self driving cars/lorries, AI lawyers/accountants, automated supermarkets, couriers, medical robots, AI video doctors, more advanced factory robots, farming robots, 3D house printers.

theres gonna need to be a major shift in the way people earn money

Somones gotta automate  these bots though ?

So those are jobs in itself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Afroman said:

Somones gotta automate  these bots though ?

So those are jobs in itself.

 

until they can automate themselves or other bots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, QPR Dee said:

until they can automate themselves or other bots

Can they maintaim themselves though

Agree with you though on certain jobs bem obsolete soonish. We need a topic on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it even worth it to buy your first house to live in it? I been thinking about it and it makes more sense to rent it out if you get one. I dunno if my logic is flawed or not but with these prices its just not adding up to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you do that?

Mortgage payments will be cheaper than your rent every month and renting off a landlord is just throwing money away, at least a mortgage you're paying towards something you'll eventually own. Also to get a buy to let mortgage you need a huge deposit 25-30 percent

 

The tough part is getting a big enough deposit together and earning enough to borrow a decent amount of money which is pretty much impossible for the average Londoner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zoot said:

Why would you do that?

Mortgage payments will be cheaper than your rent every month and renting off a landlord is just throwing money away, at least a mortgage you're paying towards something you'll eventually own. Also to get a buy to let mortgage you need a huge deposit 25-30 percent

 

The tough part is getting a big enough deposit together and earning enough to borrow a decent amount of money which is pretty much impossible for the average Londoner.

U defintely misunderstood 

 

He's talking about buying to let 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Platinum50 said:

is it even worth it to buy your first house to live in it? I been thinking about it and it makes more sense to rent it out if you get one. I dunno if my logic is flawed or not but with these prices its just not adding up to me 

of course its worth it,  if you buy and rent out and live then go rent outside london and along with your additional expenses and commute into london it still makes financial sense to you then yes it is worth it. 

unless you get tenants from hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure I understood the point. You will buy a property in London. Rent it out and live where? Just renr yourself or live in another property you own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buy property in london and rent outside, or outskirts. 

You can rent a one bedroom flat in luton for 480/month, 600 for 2 bed for example

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×