Buying your own property in London

Captain Planet

@CP, that calculation doesn't consider the increase of price of the house that is pretty much inevitable in London (or the increase of rent)

I haven't really done too much looking into it but I was wondering about the idea of buying a house with someone else, renting it out, then using proceeds to rent out another place.

what areas u looking bro?

North London, mostly Tottenham and minimum 2 bed.

PMSL Same as you.

May have to try get on a new build flex.

surprised your having trouble but that is a good area to invest in don't give up

I would stay away from new builds they often have problems tbh

Never understood why anyone would want to live in london myself .

Regarding living there though this is one of the many good things about getting married because 1500 a month between 2 people is nothing  .

exactly my point

i dont want to be shelling out 1500 all by myself thats nonsense im not a millionaire

• Downvote 4

But and the end of the day, you want home ownership security.

This, so I dunno why you wasted time posting the other stuff about Renting

I also cosign what Badman posted. Glad that CP made this thread actually. It's about time there was some honest discussion on here, not idiots who are flat broke talking about how much property they have (like in the other one I trolled).

I do happen to have a decent deposit (not quite where I think I'll be comfortable tho) and I am looking to buy right now in Willesden Green (where I currently rent a 1bed) and prices are a fuckery...and I mean that NOT in an "OMDZ I can't afford it" way but in an "OMDZ IS THAT ALL I GET FOR THAT?" way...there is no value basically.

I'm most likely going to do the Help to Buy mortgage guarantee scheme...(not the other equity loan scheme, because with that you're limited to new build only). 

Can you drop a link for the help to buy scheme that is not limited to New builds?

Trying to make serious moves towards my girl and I getting a place of our own. Still a way away on deposit terms on my end but gotta just put my head down and get the cash where I can.

Actually would be looking towards Waltham cross type distances from central London. Have no interest in living in inner city London.

Would just like to reiterate to avoid potential heartbreak due to rejection for all those considering the help to buy scheme or any other government schemes....

your credit rating needs to be impeccable

got any missed payments in the last year? forget it

any defaults/ccj's? forget it

not on the electoral roll? 

not earning salary for a specific period of time?

etc

Would just like to reiterate to avoid potential heartbreak due to rejection for all those considering the help to buy scheme or any other government schemes....

etc

this

ive been through the wars in the last month applying for mortgages and it really has opened my eyes and now i understand why people say 'i cant get onto the property ladder'... i always wondered what the fuk that meant...

ive got about 2 years left before my defaults leave my file

but knowing ive got my deposit money there it is still stressful because at my age i dont really want to buy a house i would rather an apartment

etc

this

ive been through the wars in the last month applying for mortgages and it really has opened my eyes and now i understand why people say 'i cant get onto the property ladder'... i always wondered what the fuk that meant...

but knowing ive got my deposit money there it is still stressful because at my age i dont really want to buy a house i would rather an apartment

this is why you talk bollocks and your whole account on vip is made of bullshit.

if you have defaulted on a payment, why not just phone the company that issued it and pay it and ask them to remove it from your file. instead of waiting 7 years.

you can use your "deposit" pees

/

please explain how your working in finance with defaults on your record and a criminal record as well pls.

etc

this

this is why you talk bollocks and your whole account on vip is made of bullshit.

if you have defaulted on a payment, why not just phone the company that issued it and pay it and ask them to remove it from your file. instead of waiting 7 years.

you can use your "deposit" pees

/

please explain how your working in finance with defaults on your record and a criminal record as well pls.

you can pay off your defaults its up to the company if they want to remove it or not... they dont have to remove it if they dont want to

ive only recently taken my credit into consideration... i was lax/didnt care about it 1-3 years back... but now as im getting older things are changing i dont see why that is hard to comprehend

ive spoken to financial advisors in banks and mortgage guys and they have said to me it takes 6 years for a default to come off ur account... ive had these defaults on my account since about 2008/2009 times which i just left and buried my head in the sand

i havent been working for 10 years its only recent

calm urself down

even if u pay off a default... it still shows as a DEFAULT in red.... then on the right hand side, instead of showing how much you owed it will say SETTLED in green...

i never said i havent paid off my defaults... but they still show on my credit file...

and ur last question im going to plead the fifth...