FAO: tall people, those over 6ft

Grafter

ive just spoken to some tall people and some need support, like either for your legs or your body

some shorter people i know sleep with a pillow between the legs

or say if your mattress isn't very good....(and you're not getting a new mattress)

just wanned to do a quick canvas here, but if you don't use anything special its not a big deal

thanks

ive just spoken to some tall people and some need support, like either for your legs or your body

some shorter people i know sleep with a pillow between the legs

or say if your mattress isn't very good....(and you're not getting a new mattress)

just wanned to do a quick canvas here, but if you don't use anything special its not a big deal

thanks

Many people have different preferences, height is not a determining factor though. 

I have a memory foam mattress and pillow

I have bad posture

Not really sure it has anything to do with my height and my weight doesn't exceed the ability of my body to support itself when laying down

I really dunno why someone tall would need extra support, unless they are 6'6+ and in which case the reason is obvious

Why would u wanna sleep with a pillow in between ur legs?

Stand up straight then look down at your legs. notice that your legs are not touching each other. This is a natural position for your legs. Now if you are a person that lays on your side, as I do, your knees come together as you sleep, essentially turning your legs in on themselves into what is an unnatural position.

If you are under 25 years old your body still has much of the flexibility required for this not to be a factor, but if you are a person that constantly lays on their side, this will be an ever escalating issue. Your knees touching as you sleep on your side can affect your legs, your hips, your back, and even your neck.

I'm older than most on this forum yadda yadda yadda so I've had to do some research on this as I've been going through it myself but I fold a small towel and place it between my knees which helps immensely.

Also if you lay constantly on your front you'll likely have lower back issues as you get older, and as you are likely resting your arms above shoulder level if you are sleeping on your front, you are also eroding away your shoulders. Be prepared for the kind of pain people don't even know to talk about as some of you guys hit your thirties.

Be aware, there is no perfect position to sleep despite what a few of you may have read. Every sleeping position will affect you in some way later in life.

Oh and I'm 6 foot exactly.

If I sleep on my side I just have the outer knee slightly lower than the other one

don't actually see how u could sleep with knee on knee

unless I'm f*cking freezing and I'm in fetal position but that's never all night.

You are twisting your hips sleeping with your legs uneven.

You'll be the guy with the limp in your mid 40s and you won't even be able to pinpoint why you have it… And you won't remember this at all.

:lol: the bed guru

so Dav, what's your recommendation for best health?

PMSL

On your side, something between your knees.

Bad sides to it though if you don't move are bad blood circulation to the arm that you are rested on.

Oh and ask the people that work out a lot about the kind of pains they wake up with.

If I sleep on my side I just have the outer knee slightly lower than the other one

don't actually see how u could sleep with knee on knee

unless I'm f*cking freezing and I'm in fetal position but that's never all night.

You are twisting your hips sleeping with your legs uneven.

You'll be the guy with the limp in your mid 40s and you won't even be able to pinpoint why you have it… And you won't remember this at all.

fack!

lol nah I always move around never wake up in the same position I fall asleep in anyway...is that fucked up or better cos I'm not just laying in one position?

Also how old are you?