iphone 5 cracked screen help

Incumbent

not sure this is the right room to post this but can someone help?

apple charging £236

authorised carphone warehouse repair centre £216 (in croydon)

but i've seen on ebay & amazon replacement/repair kits for £40 - £90 (just shook it would void my warranty)

anyone ever repaired it themselves?

Did my old 3g before with a £5 kit off ebay. Was pretty simple.

f*ck it, taking it to patel

fingers crossed for the future

I wouldn't even worry about it - I've had 2 phones done (albeit from the same fella in Liverpool) but never had any problems

cool but i was talking about future warranty/insurance claims that i may have to do

thanks for the help anyway

have u tried the apple shop first? took my cracked screen there and they gave me a new handset

i haven't but i did call them, they said even tho the phone is less than 6 months, accidental damage isn't covered

i'll take it to them, if no joy then i'll give it to patel to sort out, there 5mins from each other so thats the plan

have u tried the apple shop first? took my cracked screen there and they gave me a new handset

i haven't but i did call them, they said even tho the phone is less than 6 months, accidental damage isn't covered

i'll take it to them, if no joy then i'll give it to patel to sort out, there 5mins from each other so thats the plan

yea take it in let them have a look, they replaced my 5 that was like 3 months ago

Dont go to the Patels, the screens they supply are chinese made ones (OEM are £60 on its own) so they would be at a lost charging £30.

The problem with the chinese one is that they tend to cause screen ghosting if you press really hard on certain edges, other than that the retina display is just the same.

• 2 weeks later...