What everyday 'thing' in life should be illegal?

Don Crack

1) car tax should be illegal (having a fukin badge on your windscreen shower the expiry doesnt help anyone only george osborne)

2) council tax should be an opt in thing

3) i've always thought that about car insurance as well tbh...

4) how the government deducts tax and ni from our salary... (it should be like the USA where you do it yourself every month)

• Downvote 1

any way You can word what You're saying in an intelligent manner and make whatever point You're making?

Sure thing buddy:

The notion of insurance exists because there is no guarantee that someone who is uninsured will have the capability to pay out of pocket. That can be said on any insurance. You smash a mans car, say you have £10 in the bank, court puts you on a payment plan for life and the guy with the wrecked motor is pissed.

However this is nothing compared to If you run down a pedestrian or seriously injure someone in another vehicle. Current laws dictate that you may get a year or 2 for dangerous driving or get off with a driving ban. The injured party in that circumstance would have no means of claiming reparations for loss of quality of life, earnings and such like as a result of your actions. He could try civil proceedings but as above if you haven't got the means to pay out of pocket, this disabled guy is pissed (more so).

This is why insurance exists and why it is illegal to drive without appropriate coverage. It protects not only you but others.

Fairly intelligent response.

• Upvote 4

but why is weed not legal?

Because it is deemed a gateway drug. Also because there are enough mentally ill crackheads walking road and leeching off the social as it is without boosting those numbers.

That being said. I agree with you. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

if the court award someone damages, they pay the damages under the terms of the recipient, and the person found liable pays the court back under the terms that are agreed between them and the court. unrelated payments.

furthermore, what You said is no different to a man without a penny to his name breaking someone's leg with an assault. where is the guarantee the injured party can claim from them and that they would be able to pay?? should I have some insurance that says if I assault someone this insurer will pay them? 

why should car ownership be any different?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

athletes can choose to compete with or without insurance for the very reason I just described. If You want to guarantee You're protected, You get insured. 

Insurance for cars should work the same way as for any other item - if it goes wrong, my own insurance cover it.

If my insurance decide to then claim it from the other party (whose insurance will then represent them, if they have a policy), so be it.

also, the way self employed people can deduct taxable expenses - i should be able to claim them as well in the same way while working for an employer

What taxable expenses would you be claiming back? If a self employed person paid £750 for a subscription per year and they deducted that from their yearly profits, what equivalent expenses would you claim back under employment?

These sort of expenses are most/already covered by your employment.

my travel card. self employed people claim that back

petrol if I drove

food on the day of work

You've clearly never been self employed, but these things are all tax deductible.

You keep You receipts and give them in, they are deducted from the money You made by working, and Your tax figure is calculated on what's left

People who work, say PAYE, do not have an option to claim their travel costs back from their income tax. 

Why do You think jobs now offer "can be PAYE or Self Employed"?

Yeah I'd say the amount of betting shops especially in poorer areas is a pisstake. It used to be controlled but as usual the government loosened the rules.So were flooded with them.

I'd also say some of the way trains and especially tubes are packed should be illegal especially in summer.

• Upvote 2