White guy stabbed for no reason (apparently)

seven

I swear its always the white yutes that get stabbed in unprovoked attacks

Dean Mayley, who was 24 but had a mental age of nine, was stabbed as he went to visit a family member

DeanMayley-3131611.jpg
'Vulnerable': Dean Mayley pictured with his seven-year-old nephew Callum

The family of a murder victim with the mental age of a child are "begging" for information about his last moments.

Dean Mayley, who was 24 but had a mental age of nine, had taken a bus trip to visit an uncle in west London when he was attacked and stabbed by a group of men at around 5.15pm last Friday.

His family are desperate for anyone who knows what happened to him to come forward - and hope CCTV of his finals hours will encourage someone to get in touch.

His mother Donna Mayley said: "I hope there is somebody, somewhere, who knows something. I'm begging you, really - I don't know what to do."

Mr Mayley, who was described by his family as "gentle" man, suffered from a development disorder which led to him having moderate learning difficulties. It meant he rarely left home alone, except to visit relatives.

Mrs Mayley said her son was aware of his disability, which meant he struggled with reading and writing, but it also meant he saw the best in everyone and trusted people easily.

PA Dean-Mayley-3131238.png
CCTV: Dean Mayley, walking in Greenford shortly before he was murdered  

She said: "Dean was very vulnerable and easily led, he just wanted to please people all the time. He wanted to be an adult, to be like all the other lads.

"It took me a long time to be able give him that independence he wanted, bit by bit. He was a creature of habit - he knew how to get the bus and took exactly the same route every time.”

His family are appealing for any information about what happened in the time between him getting off the bus at Broadway in Greenford, at around 4.25pm, and when he was attacked in Ruislip Road 50 minutes later.

Mrs Mayley said: "Something went wrong that day and he didn't get off at the usual stop. I just hope someone can help us because we will never get closure without knowing what happened."

Mr Mayley was one of four siblings, two of whom have severe learning difficulties. It has made telling them what happened to Mr Mayley extremely difficult, as they are still struggling to come to terms with the death of their father last year.

PA Dean-Mayley-3131239.png
Plea: Dean Mayley, walking in Greenford shortly before he was murdered

Mr Mayley's sister, Emma, 25, said: "Dean was very gentle, had a great sense of humour and loved his family. But he was vulnerable and didn't know how nasty the world is. Obviously now we know.

"What has happened to him is evil - but we need to know what happened."

Police are still trying to trace Mr Mayley's last movements.

The 24-year-old, who was 5ft 6in, was wearing a black North Face hooded jacket, a grey hooded top, blue jeans and white Reebok trainers when he was last seen.

Detective Chief Inspector Matt Bonner from the Metropolitan Police said: "Dean had made this journey many times before without incident and there was no reason that this journey should have been any different. Sadly, that was not the case and Dean was later to die following what appears to have been an unprovoked attack.

PA Dean-Mayley-3131237.png
Hunt: Dean Mayley captured on CCTV in Greenford shortly before the attack

"We know that he arrived in the Broadway by bus around 16.25hrs and I am keen to piece together his movements between then and 17.15hrs when he was assaulted by three or four males further along Ruislip Road.

"That group of males is responsible for the assault and death of a vulnerable man who would have been in no position to defend himself from such an attack. The people who attacked him are simply vicious cowards."

Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0208 358 0200.

can they really say it's unprovoked when they don't yet know the facts though?

:/

Mental age of 9

Come on Lens

Tell me how a guy with a mental age of 9 can provoke 4 people to stab him to death

/

Detective Chief Inspector Matt Bonner, who is leading the investigation, said : “I hope this footage might help people to recall the events that led to Dean’s tragic death.

"This was a vulnerable man who would have shown an unusual degree of trust in those who he came across and it is utterly sickening that he should have been set upon in this way.

Guest TRAGEDY

Bet they were black...

Police said today he was stabbed with such ferocity his heart was pierced.

Around 50 minutes later he was attacked by a group of three or four men described as black and wearing dark, hooded tops

Wot a surprise

Some weak target

probably for rep smh.