Anybody Else Missing NINTENDO?

Sinister

But they made mad P on their console versions; the mobile P for GTA must just be a bonus.

The moment Nintendo do that their entire handheld market is ended.

But I do agree that the future is only looking like crazy next gen consoles and Mobiles; neither of which Nintendo fit into  :(

Its the same reason why they don't make games for other consoles/PC - they sell console units because of their games.

Would people really have bought Gamecube if the same games were on PS2/Xbox?

Wii had its appeal with the whole 'active gaming' thing, but if the same games were on PS3/Xbox360 after Play/Kinect came out they'd probably not sell well.

After N64, Nintendo has always been behind in the power/graphics department of their consoles, and they have always, since NES times, held weight due to their exclusive games. Their weak spec hardware has been their downfall in my opinion, they pinned themselves into this corner instead of focusing across the board they focused on family and light gamers of which a lot will have moved towards mobile games.

Yeah I see what you lot are saying now.

I plunged a lot of time into the Nintendo exclusives on the n64 and the cube, but I barely did anything with the Wii, and gave never played the Wii U.

Infact, I played Mariokart on the Wii and hated it. With their current direction I don't know how they could get back to their classics.

• 1 year later...

I cant find the official wii u thread (dont even know if it exists)

but for the people that have this, or had one; my missus is lookin to buy one next week, but she dont know what the use is for 8GB and the 32GB one.. is 32 even needed or is it just for plain demo's and arcade titles?

she's mostly gonna use it for mario kart/supersmash original games

I cant find the official wii u thread (dont even know if it exists)

but for the people that have this, or had one; my missus is lookin to buy one next week, but she dont know what the use is for 8GB and the 32GB one.. is 32 even needed or is it just for plain demo's and arcade titles?

she's mostly gonna use it for mario kart/supersmash original games

I have an 8GB, It kinda fills up with DLC/Patches/Updates

Luckily you can just connect an external HDD to the back of the unit to expand storage.

Nintendo like most Japanese gaming companies are stuck in their ways and refuse to actually pay attention to what's happening in the games market.

How can smash Bros be one of the biggest games this year, have a huge pro circuit have tournaments almost street fighter level and have the lead producer of the game say he hates the game being played at that level and he wants a party game and the pro scene is playing it wrong and then take steps to remove to conpetive edge of the game

Ned a new direction badly but they are so stubbon even when a project fails they'll keep doing it because they think it works even if it don't

I dunno, me personally I think I can agree with the tone.

Playing games was always about catching lols with friends for me, the focus of playing strangers you can't even see is one of the things that I think has killed the platform for me.

Obviously the competitive angle is where the fun comes from, but it has reached into a place which doesn't seem right. Like guys making a living by playing video games, it doesn't sound like that should be a reality.

That is the reality though, the conpetive scene is free advertising for you game, they tried to get smash pulled from evo last year after the community put up huge numbers in donations to get it there and over hundreds of thousands of people will be watching, who are they spiting? People that still play smash and themselves

And this isn't just that,the removed depth from the game, added in more RNG and made a forgettable game because they are out of touch with their market