Barnes - "Fuck Going Tottenham"

Turkish

Giles Barnes insists he will stay at Derby County next season, even if the club fail to win promotion to the Premiership. The Rams' penalty shoot-out win over Southampton has set up a play-off final showdown with West Bromwich Albion at Wembley later this month. Defeat for Derby will only fuel rumours that the highly-rated Barnes will look to quit Pride Park over the summer. But the teenage attacker feels his career will be best served by staying with Derby, irrespective of the outcome of the play-off final. "Even if we don't make it, I still want to be here next season," said Barnes in the Daily Star. "I want regular first-team football to develop as a player. "It's a dream to play at Wembley. It's every footballer's dream and so is getting into the Premiership. We're confident we can win there." Barnes also admits that he will be undergoing extensive treatment on ankle and knee injuries to ensure he is fit to play against West Brom. He added: "I'm not going to get much time to relax before the final, that's for sure. I've been having acupuncture on my ankle for a while now. "I was devastated when the knee problem happened. The medics feared the worst. They thought I'd torn my medial ligament. "But I'd sprained it, so it was a question of getting through the pain barrier. I've worked hard in the gym and I've got my rewards."