Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow

User

1909144_10152223719179812_1554285492_o.j

20 years of dedication and hard work, the Wu would like to present our long awaited, highly anticipated#ABETTERTOMORROW album COMING SOON! Our single drops MARCH 18th, 2014! PRE ORDER WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON! DONT MISS IT!

Ghost is on it...

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvg6nJb5M38

https://soundcloud.com/hotnewhiphoprap/wu-tang-clan-keep-watch-feat?in=hotnewhiphoprap/sets/wu-tang-clan-a-better-tomorrow

Keep Watch (Method Man, Inspectah Deck, Cappadonna, and GZA ft Nathaniel prod. DJ Mathematics)

hard :Y:

• 1 month later...

In a recent interview, Raekwon claimed that he was "on strike" from the upcoming Wu-Tang album A Better Tomorrow. He specifically criticized RZA's leadership on the album and said he was partially holding out due to a contractual dispute. He also said he hated their single "Keep Watch". Now, in an interview with Hot 97 (via Rolling Stone), RZA has responded.

"When you form Voltron, you need every piece," he said. "We need him there. I want him there. I asked him over and over to be there." 

He said that since Raekwon's Rolling Stone interview was published, the two rappers talked for the first time in months. "We did speak six, seven days ago and he gave me his demands, which we presented to the company," said RZA. "If they can be reached, they can be reached. If they can't, they can't. And if they can't, then we got to reevaluate what we're going to do."

He stressed that he'd like to have more one-on-one conversations with Raekwon. "We can call it arguing or we can call it building," RZA said. "What we're not doing as brothers and as business brothers is putting time together. So I gotta read about how he feel. He's gotta read about how I feel. I try to make myself as available as I can. I won't deny it, I'm a busy man."

Watch the interview, with their conversation about Raekwon starting around the 15:00 mark, below.

It was just days ago that RZA said that he and Raekwon had 30 days to work out their differencesor the upcoming Wu-Tang Clan album, A Better Tomorrow,, would either drop without the Chef or be shelved altogether. But those differences may be too difficult to move past.

“His demands are not unreasonable as who he is and the value of what he brings to any industry, but being that Wu-Tang is a conglomerate, a big conglomerate of 10 to 12 people, those demands can’t be met,” RZA said on “Sway in the Morning.”

The two Clansmen have been going back and forth — both in interviews and in private — for some time now, as they try to work toward the release of the first Wu album since 2007 (the same year that they were last in the studio together). In order to do that, RZA said, individuals will need to make sacrifices that they otherwise wouldn’t be expected to.

“If I come into an ensemble film, and we got all these big names, somebody’s not gonna get their full pay, because the budget can’t sustain it,” he continued. “And we in a situation right now where the budget can’t really sustain what he’s demanding, and for that to be equal across the board. And not even equal; even if we was to say, ‘Well, he gets a percentage more than him or a percentage more than him,’ what he’s demanding takes so much weight on the budget that the record can’t be done.”

The production savant added that, at the rate he earns, he would need $600,000 for 30 recording sessions for the album, which would sorely hurt the budget. Instead, RZA implied that he’s taken less money, while Method Man has recorded nine verses and will “work [the money] out at the end.” He hopes Rae will agree to do the same.

“What I suggest is, look, forget the money,” he said. “We laid our first album, 36 Chambers, for less than 100 grand. We just came to the studio and put our energy out, and that turned all of us into millionaires. Let’s just do it again.”

this aint gonna happen is it

• Upvote 1

j6emiyb4hfv1e93jacpl.gif

https://soundcloud.com/rzawu/ron-oneal-main-with-hook-intro

Dropping December 2nd: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-better-tomorrow/id934882788

1. “Ruckus In B Minor”

2. “Felt”

3. “40th Street Black / We Will Fight”

4. “Mistaken Identity”

5. “Hold the Heater”

6. “Crushed Egos”

7. “Keep Watch”

8. “Miracle”

9. “Preacher’s Daughter”

10. “Pioneer the Frontier”

11. “Necklace”

12. “Ron O’Neal”

13. “A Better Tomorrow”

14. “Never Let Go”

15. “Wu-Tang Reunion”

this is decent

but this album will be trash 

RZA ain't got beats like that no more

Safe

Thanks

That's the first time I've heard Inspectah Deck sound like himself in a long long time. Last tunes I heard him on he sounded like a completely different rapper.