The Budget 2014

User

if the Tories win the next election I'm giving up on this country

they looked after the grey vote and got the biggest paper in the country in their pocket

can see them doing well

Who is going to prosper from this suffering?

The people that are prospering from the actions of this government have never suffered and never will whilst the people being hit the hardest aren't going to benefit today, tomorrow or  in a decade.

You can speculate but the facts are that people are struggling financially and are having to resort to food banks. This isn't speculation.

It's all well and good banging on about GDP but when it comes at the expense of a significant drop in the quality of life of the vast majority of the population what does it actually matter?

It's like people in finance forget how these numbers and calculations relate to actual people.

i geuinuely believe that my children will benefit 5-10 years from now ( and thats if the next goverment dont come on and start spending like theres no tomorrow again)

look at spain , greece and italy and compare there economic situation to ours 

these cuts were needed. As i said suffer now to enjoy later - we (or our parents) were enjoying times when the economy was in boom , spending recklessly, living a high life on credit and enjoying the fruits  of the labour throwing money at everything without looking at the balance sheet.

of course quality of life is going to drop significantly in times of austerity but i can bet it would be much worse in the long term if the cuts werent implemented.

Spain, Greece and Italy all have something in common which was a major contributing factor to their current situation so I don't think they're the best reference points.

Benefit how exactly?

With a decrease in social mobility, expensive healthcare, an educational system that harks back to the victorian age?

The Tories believe there is a social order that needs to be restored which is largely dependent on the have nots remaining have nots and this is reflected in the policies they've brought into place.

Could you explain to me the purpose of threatening people with withholding their welfare unless they work full time hours for global corporations with billions in profits? Or how about the intention of making it so that appealing against unfair dismissal costs anything from £250 to £950 when it was previously free?

Every single independent body agreed that the cuts were too deep and too quick but the d*ckhead who's only other previous job was folding towels at Selfridges felt he knew better hence the situation we're in. These man missed every target they outlined when they got into office by a f*cking country mile and I'm supposed to be positive because they're on course to meet their revised targets? They can get f*cked.

They're highly skilled at diminishing people's faith in community to the extent that all anybody gives a f*ck about is 'how am I doing?', take 2 minutes to see how the majority of people are doing and what most independent bodies think their policies will mean in the long term and then come back and give me the spiel about the long term good. It's funny that you mentioned you don't agree with them privatising public services but yet you back them when it's central to their whole government,  do you work in finance by any chance?

They don't have the nickname of the Nasty Party for no reason.

The tories are only following reforms initiated by the Labour Party. Their policies on education, on welfare, on the NHS etc are essentially Blairite.  

There is no discernible difference between the Conservative Party and the Labour Party. The severe decline is social mobility is not a new phenomenon. The gap between rich and poor reached a historical high under Tony Blair. Neither have there been any real cuts in public spending. Labour's spending plans were also essentially the same as the coalitions. 

The fact of the matter is, that the UK is finished economically. Our living standards are going to decline irrevocably. 

All Osborne is doing is re-arranging the deck-chairs. Inducing a bubble, here and there, just in time for the election.