Why does 90% of black women wear weave?

kerser

lol

We gotta stop taking the piss aswell tbf, if we say they look like bruddas it will put them off doing the right thing.

Gotta our give the sisters that encouragement, even if it takes some getting used to.

this is true

i admit i was wrong for sacking the girl who chopped her hair off in a bid to re grow it as it had been damaged by weaves and relaxers 

we (black men) are definitely aiding the problem

but cotdamn nia looks superb with that babylon barnet

• Upvote 1

White women wear weaves too

Asian women wear weaves as well

What is your point?

Why single out black women?

This is always what black girls say when this question is put to them.

white and Asian girls wear weaves suited to European hair-blacks don't.

If white and Asian girls started putting afro weaves in their barnets can u imagine how stupid that would look.

/

In answer to the op- it's because of the media

Black women DO wear afro type weaves; but not every black woman even has the 'typical, afro-type' hair texture. So what are they supposed to blend their hair with if they choose to wear a weave and want to leave some of their hair out?

Some black women have relaxed i.e. straight hair. Therefore a straight sew in blends with the texture they have at that time.

Some just want to switch up their look and have a straight style. Who cares? It's certainly no different to straightening hair using heat and is potentially a lot healthier.

And Asian (read Japanese) girls (and guys) DO manipulate their hair to mimic an afro texture.

this lackadaisical 'who cares answer'

black guys care

we care because we do not want to be with someone who is fake

POINT BLANK PERIOD

rock your own hair pretty simple

Ok I've finally clocked the reason

It's to fit in with society

Can't be going to a job interview (for a decent job) and turning up with ya ace hood dreads

Immediate shutdown

never really thought of that...

how many blacks do you see in the city with their own hair? afros etc...?

we would actually get NO JOBS WHATSOEVER...

• Downvote 1

White women wear weaves too

Asian women wear weaves as well

What is your point?

Why single out black women?

This is always what black girls say when this question is put to them.

white and Asian girls wear weaves suited to European hair-blacks don't.

If white and Asian girls started putting afro weaves in their barnets can u imagine how stupid that would look.

/

In answer to the op- it's because of the media

Black women DO wear afro type weaves; but not every black woman even has the 'typical, afro-type' hair texture. So what are they supposed to blend their hair with if they choose to wear a weave and want to leave some of their hair out?

Some black women have relaxed i.e. straight hair. Therefore a straight sew in blends with the texture they have at that time.

Some just want to switch up their look and have a straight style. Who cares? It's certainly no different to straightening hair using heat and is potentially a lot healthier.

And Asian (read Japanese) girls (and guys) DO manipulate their hair to mimic an afro texture.

this lackadaisical 'who cares answer'

black guys care

we care because we do not want to be with someone who is fake

POINT BLANK PERIOD

rock your own hair pretty simple

Yes. Because I'm going to let a man dictate to me how I can style my hair. Ok..
  • Downvote 2

I care about a woman's (especially a black woman's) right to express her self how she so wishes and not continually be hounded for it. Especially with general bullshit about her decisions being the cause of self hate. You can't paint every black woman with the same brush.

But then in the same breath, you will have SOME lost black men (and boys) turning around and telling her how ugly her natural hair is or having her aesthetics compared to whatever black men is well known at the time when she does rock her hair with no relaxer, straightening, weave or wig.

Black men have their own issues that they need to be dealing with before they want to care and come and start noise about what a black woman is doing.

shutup . theres no excuse for self hate . tired of all this sh*t . f*cking wearing asian hair like its your own .

Case in point.

Try to argue your case that uses a broad generalisation, without telling the other person to 'shutup'.

It's hardly a component of 'intellectual discussion', is it?

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really got that argument its bullshit tbh

So because the products are for black people they should be sold by black people?

the black run hair shops I see are dead out and who gives a f*ck if Patel or Kiesha serve u in the shop...they don't manufacture the weaves ffs.

The Koreans do. Why cant black people manufacture their own products instead of buying from other races all the time? When are black people going to understand that they don't own anything and economically they are not prospering? 

what do u own mate?

manufacturing much since the last time u were crying about this sh*t?

still doing f*ck all with urself blaming ur woes on externals?

maybe this is the answer to ur questions?

All black people know how to do is argue with each other. This is what happens when we talk about our problems. Thats why black people never talk about their problems. This is the attitude you get. When the hell are you going to wake up and realize that black people are their own worst enemy?