Man cleared of murder after 24 years - was at Disneyland

JOHN DOE

Wrongfully convicted man who spent 24 years in prison for Brooklyn murder committed while he was on vacation in Disney World set free 

APTOPIX%20Murder%20Exoneration.JPEG
Jonathan Fleming spent nearly a quarter century behind bars for a homicide he didn't commit. Brooklyn prosecutors recently found in the original case file evidence that proved he was in Florida when the crime took place.
A man who spent nearly 25 years in prison for a Brooklyn murder that took place while he was vacationing in Disney World was set free Tuesday in a highly emotional hearing.
“The day is finally here. I’ve dreamt about it many nights,” Jonathan Fleming said as he walked out of court. “I'm finally a free man.
“I feel wonderful," Fleming said. “I’m going to have dinner with my mother and my family and I’m going to live the rest of my life.”
Evidence that was not disclosed to the defense during his trial — which would have confirmed his alibi for the August 1989 slaying in a Williamsburg project — was unearthed during a review of the case by the Brooklyn district attorney’s office.
That included a phone receipt from an Orlando hotel showing he was there just hours before the murder and a report from local police, which interviewed hotel staff who remembered him.
Both documents were found in the case file.
“It could not have possibly been a mistake,” one of Fleming's lawyers, Taylor Koss, said of those non-disclosures by the authorities before and during his client's trial.
The DA’s re-investigation also discovered police reports that confirmed a recanting witness account that cops dropped felony charges against her after she falsely identified Fleming.
A source said prosecutors are aware of a person who’s believed to be the actual killer and may now go after him.

full story here http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/wrongfully-convicted-man-spent-24-years-prison-set-free-article-1.1749821#