Recommendations - No Spoilers

Lens

she's back

Tammy trailer

so disappointing. 

it was another Identity Thief, but with her grandmother instead of some guy whose ID she stole. 

few lols here and there, but that's it. tried to hard to make a good story and fit in lols. 

oh yh, the trailers

Begin Again - I expect Mark Ruffalo to deliver, so this should be good:

slow starting, but once I got into it, I really enjoyed

recommend for anyone into live music

Felt that it needed incidental music too, but I guess they chose to omit it to emphasize the on screen musical performances. 

Did make for some awkward scenes though. 

Great character building.

watched 12 Angry Men last night (50s film)

was about a hung jury trying to reach a verdict. 

I think the film makers did really well to keep my attention on jury dialogue for 90 minutes. 

the acting >>>>>

the pace of the development of the case >>>>

felt like I was watching a play, and I think it must be based on one.

recommend for anyone who is interested in purely dialogue film, particularly fans of Boyhood or the Before Sunset series

been watching Tyrant, pretty decent

Bassam "Barry" Al Fayeed is from the war-torn fictional country of Abbudin. He has been living in self-imposed exile in Los Angeles for nearly 20 years. Barry, the younger son of Abbudin's dictator, ends his exile to return with his American family to his homeland for his nephew's wedding. His arrival leads to a dramatic culture clash, as he reluctantly returns to the familial and national politics he once left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfvKhQXC_lA

• 2 weeks later...

thought Let's be Cops would be awful, but it wasn't bad. overall it's just a wana be 21 Jump Street movie. 

had entertaining moments, and a decent story, more than I would have expected, I just would have liked more lols. 

takes a bit more suspension of disbelief than the average film, also. 

Jake Johnson's a decent actor from what I've seen in this. 

when the fake cop told the other fake cop "don't use the lingo" I immediately thought of here.

I can see where the 21 Jump Street guy's career is going, this, 21 Jump Street, Internship, next Dumb and Dumber film release... very 1 dimensional.

the spice was spice....

Nina-Dobrev-08-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

DIANA%20LOVELL%205%20_3_.jpg

The Guest - I expect nice light hearted action entertainment, nothing more - The Guest

loved it

had an old school feel to it, like it could have been made 10-15 years ago.

great main character, loved his reasoning, the way he connected with the family and how he handled situations, and how he could switch his emotions on and off if needed. 

also liked how the relationships with the family formed at different paces.

if anyone saw Stoker last year, this is fairly similar, in terms of how the guy moves in, gets mixed up in family life except with a lot more action.

had a good pace to it, wasn't bored at any time.

because You can see it's low budget, I hope there's a sequel, where they're able to do more.

comedy and seriousness well mixed. I like the way they're not afraid to make a scene awkward, for character and viewer.

glad the film didn't have as much narration/explanation as I'm used to, just left to decide what I made of certain things.

when he tells the teacher the slur was a hate crime - genius

would like it to be longer.

we were divided on whether it's a thriller or a slasher

• User featured this topic