Recommendations - No Spoilers

Lens

Watched Full Metal Jacket finally

The drill instructor>>>> any army instructor in any movie. Guy went in. Was the funniest possible, yet still serious. Perfect portrayal.

Thought the training scenes were perfectly done, but the rest of the film maybe a little average

Would have liked more backstory so I can see these characters outside of the army. Normally in a war movie they will write home/ receive letters or show flashbacks, gives the characters more depth, and maybe these characters were empty to me for that reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Transformers age of extinction was the worst

so predictable, so boring, so much a waste of my time...

/

Watched Watchmen the directors cut over the weekend, 

][dlew

feef\fe'\f'\f\.f\.fr\'fdsd\

e

ef

vd

d

d

df

f

Forgot how fucked the film was, but the directors cut is real gory, some good extra added scenes aswell. Would definitely recommend the directors cut

rorschach>>>>>>>>>>

ozymandias>>>>>>>>>

• 2 weeks later...

Want to see how this guy does in a lead role, was good in Fast 6 and The Hobbit.... Dracula Untold

Much better than I expected, good story. they could have done a bit more with the action though. 

Dominic Cooper was very under used, so the story lacked a real villain. 

The Master Vampire could also have been used more. 

I have a continuity issue

for 2 days, this vampire has to resist a thirst for blood, which we don't see until the day he chooses to drink the blood - from what I know, vampires are constantly thirsting for blood

then, when anyone else becomes a vampire, they immediately target humans for their blood like the bloodthirsty vampires they are. I want consistency

Annabelle was terrible! Shockingly bad film. 

There is no horror for large portions of the film, just shots of a lady sleeping, while a doll walks around the house. Which is meant to scare us like we didn't know we were watching a horror film about a doll. 

The actors are so bad, I can tell they're acting, in no way natural. 

The only thing that stands out in the film is that there's a pregnancy at risk. 

Anything that was meant to build suspense was predictable. 

You show me a woman sewing then getting distracted by a TV, what's gonna happen?

either she cuts herself, messes up her sewing or she manages fine. no suspense. 

Comparable to Paranormal Activity except it was filmed properly

From the author of The Notebook, maybe fans of that will like - Best of Me

Film was beautiful, very glad I watched.

Possibly the best romantic film I've seen since Before Sunrise, if not even better. 

Had a lot of character depth, I especially liked the relationship between the guy and the old man he befriended, and the old man's character in general. 

Family conflicts were well played out, and I'd say good acting by everyone bar the younger girl but she was meant to be that type of annoying teenager so maybe she did an alright job. 

There was a lot more to it than expected, even had its action moments. 

For me it showed and developed the 2 protagonists' stories on their own better than most romantic films tend to do

Photography was nice (take this image here:)

The_Best_of_Me_1.jpg

the short shot of Michelle Monaghan's bum was decent, and it was better than I expected having seen it in clothes

tumblr_lz24rtevuS1r1uj3fo1_500.jpg

Only negs were the ending

stolen from 7 Pounds, and it didn't need to end that way anyway

and the same actor used to play 2 characters. yes they were meant to look alike, but using the same actor was more confusing than anything else. 

• 2 weeks later...

watched 'blue ruin' last night

decent revenge flick

shot nicely, kept me entertained

/

rewatched 'the take' the other day

4 part drama based on a martina cole book

i urge any1 to watch, if not just for tom hardy's acting

/

off that i decided to dload 'locke'

i've enjoyed 1 man films like buried n 187 days n others im sure but this couldnt keep me hooked proper, watched in it 2 halves

duno if its cos i dont blaze anymore or weather my attention span is fucked from constant iphone use

• 2 weeks later...

Imitation Game was brilliant, good historical account.

if You like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, You'll love the character in this.

Same social awkwardness, which was well written into the film, more of a genius, and brilliantly portrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch

Possibly Oscar for best actor, possibly. 

Couldn't believe how packed the cinema was, considering it was a biopic, English people really do love Benedict Cumberbatch

• User featured this topic