Recommendations - No Spoilers

Lens

Dunno if it has been mentioned but the old'ish film 'Crash' with sandra bullock... assumed everyone had seen it until i asked a few dons and no one heard of it..

very deep film

The part with the little girl had me close to tears

:!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

/

was mentioned in the police assault thread because of a scene involving such an incident. 

Film is in my top 10, and that scene You describe dis emosh!

• 4 weeks later...

Unbroken was brilliant for how much it didn't hold back in its portrayal.

The torture of the soldiers, the life stranded at sea, not for the light hearted.

People who know the story or read the book may be disappointed because of what was missing in the film, but as this was my first impression of it, I loved it. 

Big Eyes, I would say to watch for the Christoph Waltz performance, he was as good as expected, funny. 

Dumb and Dumber to, latest Hobbit, Black Sea, Penguins of Madagascar, Men Women and Children were nothing special, but not particularly bad either.

Birdman - the film Tropic Thunder was trying to be! Ed Norton = sold anyway

loved this.

don't even know where to start on what was great about this.

the length of the shots - little to no editing, whole scenes would be a single shot, to reflect the fact that the film's about theatre, where You only get one chance, as You're live. brilliant metaphor. 

then add to that that there are somehow special effects in these shots, makes me wonder how the hell they've done this.

the acting is brilliant all round, as expected from the cast (maybe not expected from Emma Stone, think she has outdone herself here).

scenes left me in complete disbelief 

like when Ed Norton, while acting live in a theatre show decides to break character to complain that his gin was replaced with water

for those who have watched - the way it made You wonder what was real and what was imagined - did You not, later into the film, start wondering this?

good example would be when he flies to his destination in the Birdman suit, but then You see a cab pull up to his destination, asking to be paid

one of the few films I can say I haven't seen anything similar to

• Upvote 1

I did, really weird relationship between the 2, going from rivalry to student he's trying to train, back and forth.

the sabotage attempt with not giving him the manuscript was good, and from then to actually go on to appreciate the retaliation. 

thought the stuff involving him and the girl working in the cinema was poorly done, as if it was an unimportant side story, where I would like it done properly if they're gonna bother to include it. 

the insults cracked me up at time. Spiderman's boss >>>> reminded me of The Rock at times.

the seat height - that's been Your problem the whole time?

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

only thing is that wasn't my kind of music, so listening to so much of it was a little jarring. 

Reminds me of "Into the Wild" - Wild (Reece Witherspoon)

nothing special, and nothing that wasn't already shown in "Into the Wild", except maybe more information for the viewer should they decide to go on a hike (prep, planning, etc)

her journey was too much easier than the one in Into the Wild for it to be worth watching. for me. 

Ex Machina was very thought provoking

It was like a cross between Her and Terminator Salvation (minus the action from the latter)

Questions such as does an AI "want to exist" or "want to be a person". 

I need a second viewing to fully comprehend it

Plot is revealed at a good pace

New Wachowskis (can I still say brothers?)

decent film. felt like a comic book film despite not being based on one, in terms of plot movement.

If You're into watching spaceships shooting each other, and characters shooting each other with the appropriate laser guns for such a film, this film delivers in terms of those sequences

Douglas Booth's acting is really good, but I'm not a fan of Mila Kunis' acting at all, so her as the lead didn't help me.

Set design/CGI for the other planets is well done, reminded me of how Asgard was made in the Thor movies

A good amount of plot depth, so don't watch if You don't intend on concentrating.

Some lines of dialogue with real thought provoking meaning

"I don't believe in trust, I believe in mutual self interest"

"You're a smart woman, probably why You're not married"

"There's only 1 resource worth fighting for - time"

my problems with it are too many coincidences, characters happening to turn up at the right time, loads of "ex machina"

fake Loki guy had an annoying voice, and was an obvious poor attempt at Loki.

quite a few things I'd say were clearly too similar to other films

character's wings removed like Maleficent

Fake Silver Surfer/Peter Quill combined Channing Tatum character

curious what other people make of this film

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

inherent vice

i loved it

cant really even explain why

this film polarises opinions to f*ck

u either love it or hate it, imdb reviews back this up

so did my mrs who was fully pissed off at the end

it's directed as if you're in this guys stoned brain n everythings jumbled n swear it made me feel buzzed

that makes it sound stupid but it isnt

pretty star studded cast

made my bird all squirmy, properly disliked it, but she always did hate blazing

made me want to blaze hard

i urge everyone to watch it, i'd like to get ur opinions

• Upvote 2

a guide to recognising your saints

gone up there in my top 10 i reckon

fuck knows what the other 9 are but this is 1 i rate

trailer jus gave me shivers

watched it a few times in as many months

before u go watch inherent vice watch this

i found a website on reddit where this guy had loads of sick rated but pretty unknown films up

this was the first thing i watched off the back of that

now i've lost the website n im pisssed

• Upvote 1

• User featured this topic