Recommendations - No Spoilers

Lens

TV show, but: The Jinx

Thank me later

Anyone get on this? Final ep aired last night and apparently it was a big deal. About to watch now.

I'd suggest that you go into this show blind though - the key things you need to know: it's a true crime story, it's 6 episodes, and it's a docu-series

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the wedding ringer

Actually enjoyed it, was funnier than kevin harts usual shit

easily some of the most comical scenes to have been filmed on british soil in the past decade, ignoring the subtle brilliance of 'ideal' (another definite recommendation)

still piss myself at it

we used to hav this on sky plus back in uni days n just rewatch the ginger chips part every few days

me n the missus reloaded it today n were in tears

both series of this is england was decent, new one comin this yr i believe

oh n trailer park boys has a new season i'd thoroughly recommend watching if ur familiar

may help to have watched previous ones tho

i thought it had got hit n miss after like series 5 (it's always been pretty hit n miss tbf but when it hits it hits) n duno if ive watched much after that but this series won me back over

Watched Transcendence yesterday, fell asleep about 10 minutes from the end.

Really annoying film because the concept and the premise is sick, but doesn't capitalise on the ideas contained within it. Which leaves you feeling completely underwhelmed.

Could've been a great film, have a feeling that Nolan would've killed this had be directed it. 

I watched a film called 'Now you see me' yesterday. Didn't expect much as the critics panned it but the cast was strong so I thought why not.

Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman, Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson

Honourable mentions to Dave Franco and Isla Fisher.

It’s basically about a bunch of magicians pulling off heists in front of massive audiences under the act of a magic show. Mark Ruffalo is the FBI agent trying to catch/figure out how they’re doing it and Morgan Freeman is pissed Magician basically trying to reveal all their secrets,

It’s a smart and funny watch. I found it very entertaining.  Great performances from everyone mentioned especially Harrelson (standard really), Morgan and Mark R.

Definitely recommend it

• Upvote 2

Just saw "Now You See Me".

I think being a 12A tamed the film from what it could have been with more violence.

Woody Harrelson's character needs more explaining IMO.

The mentions/idea of a cult are out of place and could have been excluded altogether.

That said, the plot was decent, crime well organised, and I liked the Jesse Eisenberg character (guy who played Mark Zuckerberg)

The use of magic tricks as a self defence method was amusing.

actual movie spoilers below

the balloons :lmao: :lmao:

the way Michael Caine gets bumped :lmao:

and shouldn't "magicians" clear the stage and props after their show so the secrets are never uncovered?

Just watched that new chris rock 'top five'

Terrible

been watching how to make it in america

love this shit cant belive they cancelled it

my train journey's entertainment lies in the hands of len's n heero's recommendation

watched 'a most violent year' friday

decent film

sombre n pretty message-ful, made me think

i'd recommend for a relative slow burner

great acting

worth it just to play spot the HBO actor, sopranos, the wire, boardwalk etc

was meant to be a set up to watch the same actor in ex machina which i heard people raving about but don't look like it's even out yet in the uk?

also watched half of true detective

if you aint watched it yet, get startin, duno why i put it off so late, enjoyed it with several whiskies last night

4th ep ended a bit preposterous that i watched this morn, reckon i enjoyed it witha buzz much more

the relationship between the 2 was crackin me up

oh n the jinx, finally finished, madness, class, the guys a nutter, see the fred

been watching how to make it in america

love this sh*t cant belive they cancelled it

Needs to be picked up by Netflix

Posted by cam on insta, the guy he mentioned is the director

eidlr4qoth1a4qdekpbi.jpg

lol wasn't impressed lads

Turned off after the second live show thing

Ain't got time for big silly movies like that unless they're literally takin the piss out themselves ala fast n furious 7

Watch ''a most violent year'

You should've seen it through to the end mate, the reveals and the plot twists further on in the film are clever.