Recommendations - No Spoilers

Lens

Just saw "Now You See Me".

I think being a 12A tamed the film from what it could have been with more violence.

Woody Harrelson's character needs more explaining IMO.

The mentions/idea of a cult are out of place and could have been excluded altogether.

That said, the plot was decent, crime well organised, and I liked the Jesse Eisenberg character (guy who played Mark Zuckerberg)

The use of magic tricks as a self defence method was amusing.

actual movie spoilers below

the balloons :lmao: :lmao:

the way Michael Caine gets bumped :lmao:

and shouldn't "magicians" clear the stage and props after their show so the secrets are never uncovered?

• 8 months later...

His performance in Devils Double was so good I didn't even clock he played both roles until I read up about it a few days after.

wow

didnt even know that till now

its availble to watch on bbc iplayer for anyone whio hasnt seen  it or want to watch it again

anyone watched the cropped version of Ride Along? Worth the download?

Went to see 300, was treated to the first 10 minutes of Captain America: Winter Soldier after the trailers. That 10 minute scene was already better than the whole first film.

The new 300 - boy!

What it did, excellently, was tie in with the first film, and I'd happily watch them one after another and feel like I'm watching 1 longer film, which always makes for a good sequel. 

it's set at the same time, the war fought on a different front, and also provides back story to the first film

The fight scenes went in, differently. Can't say from memory if better or worse than the first, probably better this film, excellent fight scenes when they followed the style of the first film.

Wasn't feeling the new style fight scenes specific to this film. 

It lacked was the 1 liners the first one had, such as:

"see, I bought more soldiers than You"

and

"Immortals? we'll put that name to the test"

in this film

there's only 1 (delivered by the female lead)

/

the creativity in the sex scene >>>>>

/

the breasts are of good quality

those who notice the shortage of good villains should enjoy the villain in this film. 

Shite.

Few lol moments. US comedies rarley do it for me anymore.

Enjoyed Zero Theorem for the uniqueness, and Christoph Waltz is incredible. If it wasn't sci fi, I'd say Oscars next year potential.

Under the Skin - I just can't get into these experimental avant garde films, but it had its good points - Scarlet Johansson nudity, good motorbike scenes and I like how they used the studio spaces for the sex scenes.
It was the pace and how disconnected the film felt that I didn't like.
I also disagree with any film changing between 2 different types of widescreen.
It is scary though, how easy it would be for a sexy female serial killer

Grand Budapest Hotel I'd say the opposite, great pace to it, kept You interested, entertaining and brilliant acting. Not the best Ed Norton performance but I understand he wants an art/alternative film under his belt. And the switch between 4:3 and 16:9 didn't affect it negatively.

• User featured this topic