Recommendations - No Spoilers

Lens

Was much better than I thought it would be. 

I think this was owing to Arnie not taking the lead in action scenes, leaving more to Sam Worthington and Joe Manganiello (Brad from How I met Your Mother)

Well made action sequences, fully delivered if You're a fan of gunfights. 

For me it was like a better version of End of Watch, leaning more toward action than plot, though.

Characters weren't typical. 

no good hand to hand combat scenes kind of let me down

what would you recommend to watch next out of these (aint seen any of them)

Insomnia

The Town

To Live and Die in La

From Dusk til Dawn

safe for the town recommendation, sick film evem the shootouts and chases were decent. never seen the co star guy in a film before but hes a decent actor

what bout the others on this list?

Jeremy Renner? I'd say watch

SWAT with Samuel L Jackson and LL Cool J

Hurt Locker

North Country

he's also in

Avengers Assemble

28 Weeks Later

and the newest Bourne film that Matt Damon wasn't in. 

low having one topic for reviews, no need for a whole room if thats the case

The Two Faces of January Trailer

was good, really well acted (same main actor from The Road [the film with a father and son who are homeless on the run], who slyly reminds me of Woody Harrelson, and the old Mary Jane from the older Spiderman films).

reminded me of old film noir (in terms of the style/story, obv in colour), so it did a good job of setting up the period it was set in

for a mainly dialogue based movie with some but not much action, I'd recommend. 

Good pace to it.

The way characters were forced into situations was clever. Allow getting mixed up in another man's moves when You were innocent.

Being forced to work alongside someone You don't like makes for a good movie

also, allow a man moving to Your wife, and You have to take it coz he's the only man that can help You, and he knows You've murdered someone. 

PublicEnemyNo1_cover_DVD.jpg

they been showing mad foreign films lately chinese,french mainly caught this film a few days ago called Public Enemy no 1 based on a true story about this gangster "revolutionaire". the character Jacques Mesrine has his moment got some sick quotes on there touches on some moral dilemmas too. The ending was ridics and I would recommend this film highly after seeing it. Lol kinda feeling subtitled films atm 

• Upvote 2

all the series are finishing for the summer, like 3 more episodes of Game Of Thrones left

all I can see restarting (that are watchable) are Orange Is The New Black and True Blood which are any timefiller shows tbh

dead

• 2 weeks later...

Wana see Dane Dehaan's performance in this more than anything else. 

Devil's Knot trailer

Dane Dehaan was hardly in it.

Film was alright, more of a court case film than anything else.

Shows a lot about prejudice in court, and how much Your personality is as important as actual evidence. 

Similar ish to Prisoners but with no violence, and less surprise in the story.

A few disturbing scenes, which were well done and effective, actually felt uncomfortable watching at some points. 

watched this yesterday

was a really sad film, if You're looking for something romantic, dialogue based, also a medical drama, I recommend. 

all females in the cinema were crying. 

female lead good, I didn't like the guy so much. but yeah, really well put together. 

Chef - Scarlett Johanson and Sofia Vergara in 1 movie? Scarlett Johanson is taking no breaks is she?

good feel good film, good fatherhood film. 

Robert Downey Junior's role was very small, really no point in them using him, and he definitely shouldn't have been in the trailer, making it look like he had a bigger part than he did.

Starting to feel the whole "adults don't understand social media" is getting a bit overdone in films, or being given a little too much importance (a film is coming out called Sex Tape about a couple's sex tape being leaked, snm)

Always love entrepreneurship in a movie.

Also, considering it only got a 15 certificate for having too much swearing, I find this dumb, they could have toned down the swearing, had a 12A and more people could watch. swearing wasn't essential to the film. 

Cold in July was a crap film, very disjointed, no flow to it, and tension which didn't lead to anything.

• User featured this topic