DC Comics Thread (Feature Films)

Heero Yuy

hearing alot about banes voice, some saying its sick some saying they cant understand him

there are a few instances where you cant make out certain words too clearly...but other than that its clear....when viewing it in the cinema it should be alot more clearer

yhh i watched the prologue a little while ago, think the voice is good tbh, could make out everything he said

think the only difficulty in hearing it was fully due to how shit the quality of the videos is

hyped for the film though, prologue was alot and the short clips at the end raise anticipation for it nicely

There seem to be a lot of audience members complaining about the sound of Bane's voice in The Dark Knight Rises. Many people are complaining that they couldn't really understand what he was saying in the awesomley epic 6-minute prologue that is showing in front of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. I was one of those people that couldn't really understand a lot of what Bane was saying in the trailer, but I didn't really complain. It wasn't until I watched a bootleg version of the prologue that I was able to make out what Bane was saying. That is my one gripe about the trailer. That's not a good sign, and apparently Warner Bros. agrees.

The studio would like director Christopher Nolan to change the sound mix so that people can understand what the hell Bane is saying. Nolan on the other hand has a master plan and did it on purpose. He won't completely redo the sound mix, but he has agreed to alter it slightly. Here's what THR reports:

Sources close to the movie say Warner Bros. is very aware of the sound issue. One source working on the film says he is “scared to death” about “the Bane problem.” And with good reason. The last
film, 2008’s
The Dark Knight
, grossed more than $1 billion worldwide, and the studio doesn’t want anything to tamper with
Rise
’s chances for success.

Sources also say some at Warners would like Nolan to change the sound mix, but the filmmaker, whose autonomy is well-earned (his
Inception
earned the studio more than $800 million and two Oscar nominations), has informed executives that he plans only to alter the sound slightly, not to rework it completely.

“Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't dumb things down," says one high-level exec, declining to be named. “You've got to pedal faster to keep up.”

http://geektyrant.co...-banes-voi.html

• 2 months later...

MTV's Kevin Sullivan is reporting that the run time for Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman film is clocking in at four hours!

"The Dark Knight Rises is real and finished, presumably in the form of a four-hour rough cut. There's no official word on the reaction to the screening, as of yet."

So what you say? You might be saying that isn't unusual for a first cut of a film, they'll just chop it down to two hours or two and half hours like most films, but that isn't Nolan's style. During a special screening of 2008's The Dark Knight Christopher Nolan revealed that his first cut of the masterpiece was only fifteen minutes longer than the final cut of 152 minutes. So, there is a good chance that The Dark Knight Rises which is currently 240 minutes long, might not be getting too much of a haircut. We could be looking at run time of over three hours. Hell, if this was a Harry Potter production they would've cut this up into three films.

The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters July 20th 2012 and stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon, Tom Hardy as Bane, Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake and Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate.

:huh: