DC Comics Thread (Feature Films)

Heero Yuy

• 4 weeks later...

Dark Knight is hands down one of my favourite films point blank. I loved Watchmen personally, but it was largely due to Rorschach's acting out of the character in the graphic novel. The graphic novel was really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Try watch Batman at the iMax, has over an hour footage shot for iMax, much more than Dark Knight had

Where you get that from? I was watching the blu ray special features disk the other day of the Dark Knight, they was saying the whole movie was shot imax... If I'm not mistaken. I rememeber seeing the rig, ts retarded large.

Try watch Batman at the iMax, has over an hour footage shot for iMax, much more than Dark Knight had

Where you get that from? I was watching the blu ray special features disk the other day of the Dark Knight, they was saying the whole movie was shot imax... If I'm not mistaken. I rememeber seeing the rig, ts retarded large.

only the intro scene was shot in imax..the bank scene

i remember seeing this in the blu ray special features also / you can kinda tell

only the intro scene was shot in imax..the bank scene

i remember seeing this in the blu ray special features also / you can kinda tell

What he said

• 3 weeks later...

Was reading the latest Empire on my journey to and from uni today, it's The Dark Knight Rises edition so this has some monster piece on Nolan's epic and when using the term epic I'm not describing it the way some people do today when something is that amazing. Its being used in the context of a film on a larger scale than normal, it has the heroic figure mixed in with the big budget but also sweeping scopes transporting us the viewer to different locations. Lawrence Of Arabia, Ben-Hur, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Ran just to name a few of these epics. From what I read it sounds as if Nolan has taken this to another level, a third filmed in IMax, thousands of extras, a top casts, with an ending that was thought out years ago and hasn't changed since.

Some say Anne Hathaway will steal the show, interesting point of them to make but it's looking like a great film and this one has to live up to the hype.

Anyone for Blade Runner 2? Just re-watching the first one now as I have to write on the influence of Blade Runner on tech-noir genre. May also do an evening of Citizen Kane and La Haine

• Upvote 1

Was reading the latest Empire on my journey to and from uni today, it's The Dark Knight Rises edition so this has some monster piece on Nolan's epic and when using the term epic I'm not describing it the way some people do today when something is that amazing. Its being used in the context of a film on a larger scale than normal, it has the heroic figure mixed in with the big budget but also sweeping scopes transporting us the viewer to different locations. Lawrence Of Arabia, Ben-Hur, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Ran just to name a few of these epics. From what I read it sounds as if Nolan has taken this to another level, a third filmed in IMax, thousands of extras, a top casts, with an ending that was thought out years ago and hasn't changed since.

Some say Anne Hathaway will steal the show, interesting point of them to make but it's looking like a great film and this one has to live up to the hype.

Anyone for Blade Runner 2? Just re-watching the first one now as I have to write on the influence of Blade Runner on tech-noir genre. May also do an evening of Citizen Kane and La Haine

was expecting her to ruin it personally, haven't seen a single impressive performance from her...ever

cannot wait for this film though, sick to death of hearing the word avengers and people chatting about it being one of the 'top 10 films of all time' :/

Just a few quotes for you from Empire (July 2012)

Christopher Nolan

"It's all about historical epics in conception. It's a war film. It's a revolutionary film. It's looking back to the grand-scale epics of the past, really, and for me that goes as far as back as silent films. I've been watching a lot of silent films with my kids on Blu-Ray. We've shot over a third of the movie on the IMAX format and that naturally puts you more in the mode of staging very large events for the camera. It's my attempt to get as close to making a Fritz Lang film as I could. It's also more in the mould of Doctor Zhivago, or A Tale Of Two Cities, which is a historical epic with all kinds of great storytelling taking place during the French Revolution. There's an attempt to visualise certain things in this film on this large scale that are troubling and genuinely threatening to the idea of an American city. Or, to put it another way" revolutions and the destabilising of society have happened everywhere in the world, so why not here?"

They spoke on Bruce Wayne's wealth and the Occupy Wall Street issue it moved onto the following;

"You can't really deal with Bruce Wayne without eventually acknowledging the massive wealth he's part of. So the film to some degree does take that on. When you deal with the action film genre with the larger-than-life characters, then you are looking for a universality. You're also looking to create situations that require a larger-than-life heroic presence. You're really looking to put on screen things that can be genuinely terrifying."

I'm sure you know that really wanted Leonardo DiCaprio as The Riddler.

Nolan to do a future James Bond? He wants too, just as he puts its "It would have to be the right situation and the right time in their cycle of things."

Wet the appetite a bit more?

Only God Forgives directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, stars Ryan Gosling the Driver duo team up again, want to know more? I'll type up if anyone wants some info.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else got Dark Knight Rises tickets for the BFI IMAX? Site went down for hours when tickets went live at 12.00am on monday. Managed to get seats at the back in the middle. :D

Perfect viewing angle.

didn't even know they were on sale

FML

• 1 month later...

2 Days In New York - Overall I did like it, this might just be the closest you can get to a Woody Allen/New York esq film. That is not to say its on the same level as a Manhattan what so ever because it isn't but this isn't saying its terrible, far from it. What the film does have is a very good amount of laughs, think how many laughs should a comedy have before its classed as a funny film 5? 6? Well that was exceeded into genuine laugh out loud moments. Julie and Chris have very good chemistry on screen and have the ability to bounce off one another. Parts of it could have been done better but thats genuinely expected with most films now days since none are flawless no matter how much they marvel us and we love them. Still its fun and enjoyable. 3.5/5

One more week until The Dark Knight Rises, I've avoided everything that has been released in recent weeks minus an Empire feature and one trailer, f*ck knows how I managed to do that but I did, I'm fiending like a mother f*cker for this film.

• Upvote 2

So Batman, who is going Imax, cant get tickets till SEPTEMBER !!!!

The Dark Knight Rises has been lavished with praise in the first wave of reviews by film critics.

UK movie magazines Total Film and Empire both awarded The Dark Knight Rises top marks of five stars. The former called the eagerly-anticipated Batman sequel a "smart, stirring spectacle", while the latter declared it "superhero filmmaking on an unprecedented scale".

US industry bible The Hollywood Reporter was similarly positive, saying: "This last instalment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy makes everything in the rival Marvel universe look thoroughly silly and childish." Variety was just as impressed, predicting that "global box office domination awaits".

2012DarkKnightRisesPoster02600Gb230512.jpgMeanwhile, entertainment portal IGN wrote that "Christopher Nolan and his team have delivered the grandest, most emotional and superheroic chapter in their Batman saga". Film website Indiewire delivered a more cautious "B" rating, but decided that the film "remains viscerally satisfying even when the story falters".

The positive reviews from film critics chimes with delighted early reactions from movie bloggers. Last week it was reported that The Dark Knight Rises had received a standing ovation at a preview screening. The film opens in the UK and the US on July 20.