Captain Phillips

Lens

• 4 months later...

100% will be watching this film, Tom Hanks + Somalian pirates on the big screen, how can I not?

good watch

informative about everything involved, and they let the Somalian side of the story be told. 

pirating American ships is looking real difficult though, like they've either locked it down fully, or they're trying to send a message through this film as a deterrent. 

See Captain Phillips last night, big film

few things about it that bugged me throughout but it was a sick film regardless

tom hanks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

what bugged You about it? I was mostly bother by

the fact that the pirate agreed to board the American ship and believed their lies

• 1 month later...

Captain Phillips was good.

Its online in decent quality (Chinese rip) but the subs were pretty awful, out of sync and pretty bad english.

Its mainly English language but there's quite a bit of Somali, tbh you could get through without subtitles,  its pretty easy to see what they're talking about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Captain Phillips blu ray dropped too

article-2387309-1B34B7EE000005DC-527_634

absolute g.

Golden Globe nominee for his first film

4th favourite for an Oscar

may nobody chat shit

by the way, Captain Phillips is showing in cinemas today as a one off if anyone is interested

Captain phillips was a typical god bless america film imo, 3 navy ships for a single pirate boat? : /   navy seals and the rest.. f*cking wank.

look how powerful we are! seen it all before f*ck off.

i downlaoded a good copy

but the somali bits dont have subtitles

are they meant to ?

Thats what i thought man.. how can a guy be nominated for an oscar when you cant understand what he's saying?

Captain phillips was a typical god bless america film imo, 3 navy ships for a single pirate boat? : /   navy seals and the rest.. f*cking wank.

i downlaoded a good copy

are they meant to ?

:lol:

Mine too, watched the whole thing without subs

i downlaoded a good copy

are they meant to ?

:lol:

Mine too, watched the whole thing without subs

:rofl:

same here, i found it better for some reason

i really wanted one or two of the pirates to escape but it's a pro us film so that was never gonna happen

Or.. it's based on a true-story and that's pretty much how it turned out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maersk_Alabama_hijacking

The Maersk Alabama hijacking was a series of maritime events that began with four pirates in the Indian Ocean seizing the cargo ship MV Maersk Alabama 240 nautical miles (440 km; 280 mi) southeast of the port city of Eyl, Somalia. The siege ended after a rescue effort by the U.S. Navy on 12 April 2009.[1] It was the first successful pirate seizure of a ship registered under the American flag since the early 19th century.[2] It was the sixth vessel in a week to be attacked by pirates who had previously extorted ransoms in the tens of millions of dollars.

The story of the incident was reported in the book A Captain's Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea (2010) by Stephan Talty and Captain Richard Phillips, who had been master of the vessel at the time of the incident. The hijacking also inspired the 2013 film Captain Phillips, with Tom Hanks playing Richard Phillips in the title role, Barkhad Abdi playing Abduwali Muse and Faysal Ahmed playing Najee.