Daniel Sturridge World Class?

Guest freestacks

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is daniel sturridge world class

• Yes
    • No

On 29/01/2018 at 11:38 PM, Greens said:

Scored some sick goals for us. 1 against Stoke, chip vs Everton and in the EL final against Sevilla stand out. Shame the injuries have fucked him. 

1st time I've seen his Pool goal reel, some REAL high quality finishes there.

Love the chip against West Brom, to pull that out the bag when getting hassle from Mulumbu >>>>>>

/

What most people forget is that Suarez wanted to leave for Arsenal that Summer, went in the papers with that article and everything,was serving the ban aswell. He didn't want to play for Liverpool anymore.

It was Sturridge's blistering start to the season that put Liverpool top and Suarez itching to get in the shirt again.

Won 2 potm awards, I thought he was robbed for young player of the year but he missed I think 9 games over Xmas with injury, still finished with 21 Prem goals that season 2nd behind Suarez.

That partnership though >>>>>>

Sturridge’s strike on Wednesday ensured he was the Reds’ fourth-quickest post-war player to reach the milestone, which illustrates what a goalscorer he is.

It has taken him just 87 appearances. The fact that he doesn’t take penalties or free-kicks only makes it all the more impressive.

Albert Stubbins (77) and Roger Hunt (79) are the two quickest Liverpool players to register 50 goals, although it could be argued that both were playing in an era when defending was less of a focus. It would be churlish to simply dismiss their respective efforts, though.

Fernando Torres did it in three games fewer than Sturridge. Like Sturridge, he was never the Reds’ man in charge of penalties and free-kicks, and for a two-year period, he was the world’s finest striker.

To put into perspective just how impressive Sturridge’s ratio is, you only have to look at the Liverpool legends he has eclipsed in scoring 50 times for the club.

Luis Suarez isn’t far behind, he took 91 matches to seal his half-century of strikes.

John Aldridge (92) and Michael Owen (93), two top class poachers of the highest order, also took longer, while a couple of all-time legends were in the same boat.

Robbie Fowler, whose finishing was remarkable, scored 50 Reds goals in seven games more than Sturridge, while Kenny Dalglish took 99 appearances to achieve it.

Let that marinate for a sec.

36 minutes ago, Toney Barton said:

Ballers don't need speed fam.

He will shine @ West Brom.

Watch them goals for Liverpool, look how devastating he was over 5-10 yards. That's all gone now. 

The tek is still there but the ability to manoeuvre into positions to use that is gone.

2 minutes ago, Drift said:

Watch them goals for Liverpool, look how devastating he was over 5-10 yards. That's all gone now. 

The tek is still there but the ability to manoeuvre into positions to use that is gone.

I watched it.

Half of the goals don't rely on outright speed.

Yeah he had it but he is so much more.

As the saying goes the 1st few yards are in your head.

1 minute ago, Thizz said:

Yo can we reveal who voted yes in this poll now :lol:

Yes

• Ken

Ken

• Cole Des

Cole Des

• Toney Barton

Toney Barton

19 minutes ago, Toney Barton said:

Didn't even remember if I had before but I'm happy my views stay consistent.

I won't even mention the guy who bare man on here said was better than Sturridge.

Pls do bro.

/

Sturridge is he fulfilled his potential would have been a scary site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge has been charged by the Football Association with misconduct for alleged breaches of its betting rules in January this year.

It is alleged he breached one rule relating to betting on football, and one which covers providing information relating to football which has been "obtained by virtue of his position" and "is not publicly available".

A Liverpool spokesman said Sturridge, 29, had co-operated fully "throughout this process" and "stated categorically that he has never gambled on football".

The England international has been given until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday, 20 November to respond to the charge.

The Liverpool spokesman added: "As with any issue of this nature, we will allow the process to be concluded in its entirety before making any further comment."

Sturridge, who joined Liverpool from Chelsea in 2013, spent the second half of last season at West Brom after moving on loan on 29 January.

He has won 26 caps for England, the last of which came against Lithuania in October 2017.

An FA statement said the charge against him was "specifically in relation to Rule E8(1)(a)(ii) and Rule E8(1)(b)" which are:

• Rule E8(1)(a) - a participant shall not bet, either directly or indirectly, or instruct, permit, cause or enable any person to bet on - (i) the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of, or occurrence in or in connection with, a football match or competition; or (ii) any other matter concerning or related to football anywhere in the world, including, for example and without limitation, the transfer of players, employment of managers, team selection or disciplinary matters.
  • Rule E8(1)(b) - where a participant provides to any other person any information relating to football which the participant has obtained by virtue of his or her position within the game and which is not publicly available at that time, the participant shall be in breach of this Rule where any of that information is used by that other person for, or in relation to, betting.

Rumor is that he told a friend or family about him signing for west brom, and they put some pee on it. 

Surley there is no way they can prove that.

One of his cousins put a 10g bet on him joining inter ?