What's your salary?

kerser

I'm a Commercial Manager now, but used to work in a company where the Working Time Directive was never really implemented; although formally they'd say they did  :rolleyes:

Certain jobs this don't apply but its funny how many people don't even know what their working rights are. And certain companies know this and squeeze their workforce accordingly

That being said, lots of people want to work really hard, for many reasons (e.g. competitiveness)

Many grad schemes give a two year training period, then like 150 trainees will fight for 5 places, so working those hours is sometimes necessary. Depends on lots of factors.

My friend invited me to GS on a Sunday for lunch, and to see the office. I asked him why he was there, and he simply said "Because I just like to...do more."

He now runs a top technology firm in NYC with financial backers like Howard Davies and Jim O'Neill.

that sunday must've been emotional

/

professionals, unprofessionals, i dont think anyone is putting in under 48 hours a week unless they're 16 or 60

just not possible in this country but oh well, best to be self employed and working 7 days a week big willie style

If you don't count my lunch hour, I do less than 40 hours + I'm well paid.

In tech it seems people only do long hours when there are pressing deadlines. Compared to my friends in banking and management consulting I definitely do less hours.

Long hours in banking still exist. all of the bulge brackets (and now PE firms plus mid markets are beginning to follow suit) are giving juniors a designated weekend free each month or making hours have to be justified for any weekend work etc.

That's if you're working on live deals that is. You face a number of all nighters or a couple hour turnarounds too. These hours are different for traders for instance who can clock in/out within an hour or 2 window of the open/close and push a lot of stuff to back office.

People from the outside looking in assume people in the investment sector are cruising with their work. In reality, at these lower levels you're fucking abused.

*edit* you have to be lucky as fuck to get any holidays off as well. If a potential deal comes live then you have to cancel that holiday

Long hours in banking still exist. all of the bulge brackets (and now PE firms plus mid markets are beginning to follow suit) are giving juniors a designated weekend free each month or making hours have to be justified for any weekend work etc.

That's if you're working on live deals that is. You face a number of all nighters or a couple hour turnarounds too. These hours are different for traders for instance who can clock in/out within an hour or 2 window of the open/close and push a lot of stuff to back office.

People from the outside looking in assume people in the investment sector are cruising with their work. In reality, at these lower levels you're f*cking abused.

*edit* you have to be lucky as f*ck to get any holidays off as well. If a potential deal comes live then you have to cancel that holiday

sounds horrible mate

i hope you've got an exit plan, for your mental health

Next we should have a thread where you can all list your IQ's and d*ck sizes. That way we'll have two more threads where everyone is completely full of sh*t.

Don't think anyone's lied in this thread.

Lol haven't seen one outlandish statement yet tbf

If people were mid twenties, not career orientated and earning 30k,then I'd be concerned

You need to get a four year Master of Pharmacy degree (M.Pharm) and spend one year training so it takes about 5 years to become a pharmacist, however it is a stressful job (50+ hours) a week dealing with methadone patients, constantly trying to hit MUR,NMS targets etc. So the pay may be good or above the national average but you have to put in work!

Next we should have a thread where you can all list your IQ's and d*ck sizes. That way we'll have two more threads where everyone is completely full of sh*t.

Lol haven't seen one outlandish statement yet tbf

If people were mid twenties, not career orientated and earning 30k,then I'd be concerned

Anyone who reads this and doesn't understand it for what it is please take note. If you are doing something you love and on the path you want to be on don't worry about stupid assertions such as this. No good comes from comparing yourself to other people. He's plucked some random number "30k" and added it to a random age "mid twenties" which only has a basis to his warped character. 

Innit

Comment stinks of bitter inferiority

F*ck me right? The more superior play was to proclaim my wage to a random bunch of internet forum dwellers. While backing it up with no proof and for the sole intention of stroking my internet personalities ego. I know of zero successful people who go around telling every Tom, d*ck or Harry there wage and for good reason.

I read a whole lot of bull sh*t on this site which deep down is sad men trying to make themselves feel better. I just want everyone to see it for what it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1