What's your salary?

kerser

I don't want to have children any time soon.

I want to travel for a year.

I want to live in Berlin or Budapest or some random place.

Don't get it twisted, If I had a deposit laying around I would get a mortgage for the financial sense it makes. But I'm more interesting in saving up for life experiences rather than being able to house a couple of brats and play happy families.

I'm sure having a family is a wonderful thing but there's too much to do and see before any of that bulshit.

• Upvote 1

I'm a complete novice when it comes to this housing thing, I think I get remortgaging but why do people normally do it? Is it for the cash boost? And does it mean you start again paying for your house from scratch or do you only remortgage a %age of the value?

Help!

So I'm paying 4.99% interest at the moment, £1100 a month and probably £2/300 of that is actual repayments, it's painful when you think about it.

I'm fixed for two years, but after that I want to own about 15% of the house by overpaying the mortgage and the house value going up, this will then get me a better deal, say I can fix at 3/4%, I knock £100 a month off repayment. 

Would just keep paying the same and overpay

Ah ha, thank you guys that's very enlightening.

I do think I want to wait for a partner to buy a property, I don't see the point in buying some one bedroom place and getting a mortgage I'd much rather want to buy something for the future.

Thats the thing

Majority of people i know didnt do it themselves, either with a partner or 'help' from family.

Ah ha, thank you guys that's very enlightening.

I do think I want to wait for a partner to buy a property, I don't see the point in buying some one bedroom place and getting a mortgage I'd much rather want to buy something for the future.

i see what you mean with this post. i thought the same thing with regards to buying a property. my thinking was i dont particularly wanna buy a place if im single?

then obviously on the flip sides everything cant be for someone else; if it makes financial sense it makes sense.

• 1 year later...