Private/public schools discussion

kerser

state school

private shcools aren't a guarantee the kid is gonna succeed

was a boys n a girls private school next to n around the corner from my 6th form

know enough ppl from both who say the private school environment aint for everyone

state school

was a boys n a girls private school next to n around the corner from my 6th form

know enough ppl from both who say the private school environment aint for everyone

you could say a state school isnt for everyone either,your obvi just saying that as an excuse to save ya money lol

Private school. At least that way you know that your kid will be mixing with other kids with parents who have got the same idea as you. I don't want to be sending my kids to mix with asbo kids with asbo parents who let their kids do whatever they want (no discipline), and you won't be getting those kids at all in private schools.

• Upvote 1

state school

You're right, it's not a guarantee, but you'll sure be cutting out a lot of the shit by sending them to private school.

Like anything in life, you get what you pay for. School, healthcare, dentistry. 

Yeah but likewise I don't want my kids to be mix with materialistic, spoilt, toff children who have no comprehension of the real world.

Need a good medium, hence what grammar school shouts to me.

But hell if I can afford private school the risks of my child being corrupted are less, it's an evil I'd be prepared to face if there is no better alternative

Lol why the edit smads

Interesting about the confidence schtill

Dnt even know but what I was saying is that my experience was sooo worthwhile. You are treated as though you are born for success. Born to be leaders and nothing less

They gas you up and it's just a training ground for well rounded individuals.

I never forget the speech our head of year gave us just before gcse times. Man ended it with "YOU ARE ALL CLEVERR GIRLS". Telling us we will succeed an practically trembling with belief. We walked out that room pumped uppp!

Not every one in my year was clever with good grades but many from what I see are successful. Some have their own businesses.

In going to private school I learnt how to deal with these type of people that make up the majority of these schools. I understand fully where they are coming from. Only through my strong home life and culture was I able to maintain my identity. Thats what you have to do. Be conscious of your child's consciousness. I would not bother with boarding school

Having said all of this...IF there was a very good state school or grammar school with a good rep and if I had the choice I would consider not sending the child to private school.

State primary all the way though

And definitely single sex school if I have a girl

I want my kids well educated one way or another, that includes having them go to Russel Group unis.

Not actually that fussed about if they don't end up getting well paid jobs (provided they're satisfied) but I want them to have good opportunities and understanding.

youll be surprised the amount of people who go private schools

they may go private school but that doesnt mean they are spoilt

yep.

its peak when someone tells u their parent had to griiiiiind to put them there n the kid is a waster lol

60+ grand down di drain