Private/public schools discussion

kerser

Smaddy is right though

a lot of public schools is a killer for the self confidence. You start thinking you aint shit and will never be shit.

The government should introduce mandatory parent classes for pregnant couples up till the child is a few years atleast.

Confidence among other things should be instilled in the home regardless of the educational setting.

depends on the child

5-11 and 16-18 are more important then 11-16 imo

yeah c/s

was talking in terms of schooling tho

/

i didnt learn i single thing in secondary school not one thing education wise, went to one of the worst schools in london... flew past my gcses based on primary school and a couple stints of private tuition 

Smaddy is right though

a lot of public schools is a killer for the self confidence. You start thinking you aint sh*t and will never be sh*t.

The government should introduce mandatory parent classes for pregnant couples up till the child is a few years atleast.

Confidence among other things should be instilled in the home regardless of the educational setting.

Lol you wanna live in the USSR?

Unfortunately there is not much you can do to prevent shit parenting.

If the state really cares for the population as a whole money would be allocated to such schemes.

I think parents must go through certain classes to be able to qualify for child benefit and other state benefits/tax relief.

Should teach basic parenting and relationship concepts.

The problem with that though is now in our free thinking world everyone has their own backwards interpretation of how a relationship and parenting should pan out.

done both

achieved gawd level in both 

From a purveyor of negroid grime culture in the slum to taking dinner with rich media jews in highgate

I sold my soul to suckle on the teet of the rich, growing fat as I cashed in on my own soul forgetting my old life

I still see myself as a post racial vassel of the guardianista reading jews, a true rabid pyschopath with no home 

:lmao:

There is a chapter in the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell that covers the subject of education and how state and public/private schools tend to differ in the way they shape a person's mentality, it's very interesting and made me reflect on myself and some of my shortcomings. 

It also looks at where the development of students at state schools stagnates in comparison to students at private schools and offers a good argument that what's done outside school hours is the most determining factor which is largely down to the difference in parenting styles that are common place in high income and lower income families.

My mums a G

Certainly wasn't just private school that boosted me.

It was her

"My idea of good an your teachers idea of good is two different things IYAH!"

"There's no such word as can't"

"Look it up"

"Do it again"

"She's not getting enough homework"

I could go on

But I know at secondary school not everyone's parents were so strict an school played a larger part in their success. Its all about what is expected of you