Therapy

Yuri

Has anybody here ever seen a therapist? I mean voluntarily, don't wanna hear Malika's stories about being sectioned

Was surprised when a guy I know mentioned he'd seen a therapist a while back cos he didnt seem the type. I asked him what it did for him and ge said there was some things about himself that he didnt like and he had some issues he wanted to correct and that it did a lot for him, made him accept himself more or something

Made me think about trying it. I reckon we've l got issues we could deal with deep down - like why all my relationships end up the same way

Anybody here ever do it, or think about doing it?

I blame my parents for the way I am, basically I do what i want and it stems from childhood, I dont need 

anyone telling me and more time i will never listen to anyone......seriously can be talking to someone for hours really convincing myself i amgoing to change but i never do i cant i am me, and no-one will change me , if u know urself you know ur flaws i am honest when it comes to myself but i lie to others to 

spare there feelings or make them better which obviously has its impacts like you might come across a selfish prick or player

when really ur trying hard to balance your own happiness with other peoples 

in the end do whats best for yourself, try and work with other people but ultimatly love yourself an keep away from negative people 

this can be vip2's therapy session

my biggest issue is I think everything revolves around me, if i say something it should be done there and then and if it isnt i scream and shout like a bitch, i never used to be like that but im too controlling theese days i have to have control of everything around me 

I think about it often. Would be nice to get things off my chest but I actually feel im coping really well and im scared if I see/speak to someone I'll unravel myself

I'll llow it

U also got to think will the therapist even know where you're coming from? Do they have a frame of reference for you?

• Upvote 1

I had family therapy when my dad went to jail for about 18 months I was still pretty young so I can not really say if it helped or not.

When I was doing rehab one of the guys there was a labour party bureaucrat. I forgot the name but he was doing some sort of regressive therapy about his childhood he said it was very beneficial.

I think therapy still has a certain stigma within the lower classes of society but it can be beneficial.

For years my mom has been trying to get me to go 1 on 1 therapy because I don't talk and when I reached a certain point I would release the rage.

To me using this forum is a form of therapy because I can say some shit on here and its a feeling of relief. Where sometimes it's best not to say what you want.

Sex therapist?

:rofl:

You cant just drop that and not elaborate

yeah, i went clinic once and had the usual test. Come to the part where they asked about how many sexual partners and i was ringing off a dumb amount of names, then they asked me if i did drugs i was intoxicated at the time i said no, maybe a few social drinks thats it. They said i was acting very wreck basically and asked if id like to speak to a therapist ... i was just like....fuck it might as well. Helps though not gonna lie. More time it aint even sex talks, therapist trying to find a underlining reason into your behaviour etc. But it's cool though, definitely helped me calm down a bit because i was doing deve behaviour for no reason.