Arsenal 2014/15 Thread

Seth Rollins

think it was on here i read suttin bout john obi mikel signing for arsenal and it made so much sense from a wenger POV

was very shook iirc

I said you lot should have signed him.

Would have been your best signing this year.

thought we would make a sneaky bid

but Chelsea will never sell to us imo

What do you man think of  Newcastles sissoko? as a Dm.

We have been watching him for a minute.

Upgrade to flamin and arteta i. But reminds me of Son when he is attacking. When he decides to sit back and defend he is not bad. I just think think wenger will encourage his attacking attributes more than defending, More reason why I think it is a possibility.

Song's wages made it illogical, as did man saying Song wasn't good enough when he was here.

How much was song demanding, and song leaving was nothing to do with him not being good enough. Man was in the form of his career before he got upset because no one offered him a new deal and got shipped off to Barca.

Don't wanna hear not good enough when Flamini is in his place.

I meant even a loan we would have to pay his wages that he's on at Barcelona, doubt they would have paid what they are paying while he's at West Ham for us.

Of course he's good enough.

What do you man think of  Newcastles sissoko? as a Dm.

We have been watching him for a minute.

Upgrade to flamin and arteta i. But reminds me of Son when he is attacking. When he decides to sit back and defend he is not bad. I just think think wenger will encourage his attacking attributes more than defending, More reason why I think it is a possibility.

Sissoko is having a good season, but IMO he ain't the DM you need.

His runs though >_

Firstly, we are managed by Arsene Wenger.

Who we buy is almost a non-factor.

Secondly, in defensive terms, Arteta is a better deep central midfielder than Song. Even in his best season, Song's main contribution was an offensive one.

Let Song do his thing at West Ham, he isn't the answer.

And WTF, Sissoko? You man aren't well.

Felt sorry for flamini at the weekend was left to fend for himself

No help from Chamberlain or cazorla at all

Weklbeck and Sanchez looked like they were wearing ankle weights

Firstly, we are managed by Arsene Wenger.

Who we buy is almost a non-factor.

Secondly, in defensive terms, Arteta is a better deep central midfielder than Song. Even in his best season, Song's main contribution was an offensive one.

Let Song do his thing at West Ham, he isn't the answer.

And WTF, Sissoko? You man aren't well.

I'd say Arteta fits this system better, but our system is useless because we can't play the football required to make it effective.

We still needed a DM while song was here, but atleast Song showed some kind of defensive mindedness. I remember someone here (May have been TF) posting a stat about how many yellow cards/fouls Song accumulated/comitted compared to the rest of our midfield. I don't even really want to make this an Arteta argument, but would anyone have sanctioned selling Song and Bringing in Arteta. Guys are trying to justify it with making the best of a bad situation logic.

Our midfield is looking as fibre glass as it ever has.

We still needed a DM while song was here, but atleast Song showed some kind of defensive mindedness. I remember someone here (May have been TF) posting a stat about how many yellow cards/fouls Song accumulated/comitted compared to the rest of our midfield. I don't even really want to make this an Arteta argument, but would anyone have sanctioned selling Song and Bringing in Arteta. Guys are trying to justify it with making the best of a bad situation logic.

Our midfield is looking as fibre glass as it ever has.

Completely disagree, if anything Arteta is probably more defensively minded than Song.

And you're right, no one would have sanctioned it. It doesn't mean that in his case, for the most part, he's fulfilled his role to a good standard. Whether that standard is enough for that of a top, top side is very debatable.

Felt sorry for flamini at the weekend was left to fend for himself

No help from Chamberlain or cazorla at all

Weklbeck and Sanchez looked like they were wearing ankle weights

What

Cazorla was fantastic, the amount of tackles he made on the edge of his own box, the amount of ball recoveries and interceptions

He did Flaminis job for him

Flamini was just woeful with possesion and Ox was unfit

Ox is simply too lazy to play in the centre right now, whether he's on the ball or not. His passing isn't up to scratch, he gifts possession away in needless situations, he loses concentration and ends up a spectator for periods of the game (look at Liverpool's first goal), he dwells on the ball for too long, he pretty much tries to play his same game out on the wing as he does in the middle and it doesn't work with our system. 

Has to be said that with a Mourinho type manager, Ox's game would improve tenfold in relation to his overall team value. Helping out defensively is a must, when he plays on the right wing, Chambers is exposed throughout and our manager should drill Chamberlain into putting in a defensive shift much like Hazard does now. But we all know that won't happen.