Arsenal 2014/15 Thread

Seth Rollins

Tbh a lot of our players have returned from injury much earlier than the predicted time.

I don't know if its to do with the fitness coach or some new strategy where we exaggerate the predicted time of return.

Dont know who our starting XI is with everyone back. But bench must be looking solid right now

So a

New goalkeeper

A RB

A LB

Another CB

DM

RW

Away from being champions again

I'd say Sterling, a DM, a CB, and we can compete.

Wenger seriously needs to look at the CB (and GK) position, but I got a feeling you're gonna be hearing talk of Debuchy and Monreal can play there and Bellerin and Chambers given more game time when all fit.

We need a CB to certify Mertesacker to the bench, guy been poor all season. Love to think Chambers or Gabriel could do it, but Mertesacker's ranking gonna make that along transition for them. So it has to be a big fee signing, or Coquelin type fortune for them.

A DM. Goes without saying tbh, Flamini is AWFUL and Arteta was going long before he spent the season injured... Can't let Coquelin get complacent even if he is the answer.

A goal scorer (hence why I dunno about no Sterling for Wally trade, cos goal scorer Sterling is not)

I don't think Walcott will be here next season tbh

Arsene Wenger is, understandably, happy with the way his team are playing at the moment, but he’s still on the lookout for another player who can provide 15 goals a season.

It’s open to interpretation as to whether he thinks that will come from one his famous ‘internal solutions’ or if it’s something he’s looking to do in the transfer market, but it shows the Arsenal manager wants that little bit more from his side in order to properly challenge for the title.

Speaking after the 4-1 win over Liverpool, he touched on his striking options after Alexis Sanchez and Olivier Giroud notched up their 20th and 18th goals of the season respectively.

“Giroud has surprised a lot of people,” he said. “It shows we missed him when he was out for four months. Laurent Koscielny was out for four months too. Mesut Özil the same. They were all out together. You can see the difference.

“I expected Aaron Ramsey to be in there as well with 10 or 15,” he continued. “We need another player who gets 10 or 15 goals but we have a good mentality and good cohesion in the team.

“There is something happening. You can see that, you can’t cheat on that, people smell that.

“It of course is a good basis, and defensively we are getting better.”

oo league scorers

we got guys who're capable

right now though its just giroud sanchez ramsey

with walcott cazorla just behind

Ramsey is greedy enough but he ain't banging at all, still can't believe he didn't score v Liverpool.

Walcott greedy enough but ain't playing. Poldolski was the same lol.

Santi gave up scoring after first season, now pens have somewhat made his return appear decent, but truth is its very poor. Him and Mesut are definition of Looks to pass rather than score...

Giroud and Sanchez long may it continue. Have faith in both to get their numbers season after season, especially against the dead teams.

Welbeck ain't greedy enough, which is mad cos for the U21s in that tournament Welbeck and Sturridge's greed towards each other was very amusing.

So a

New goalkeeper

A RB

A LB

Another CB

DM

RW

Away from being champions again

We have 1 quality option at RB and 2 morethan able youngsters plus Coquelllin who can play there. Our options are as strong as any in the league. We do nt need another wide option unless Theo leaves but I agree on the rest.