Arsenal 2014/15 Thread

Seth Rollins

So what we saying boys? Optimistic for the season ahead?

Forget Kheidra, he's box to box ala Rambo aka Welsh Jesus

It's become a cliche over the past few years but we need a motherfuc*ing defensive midfielder. A big guy who strikes fear into anyone he encounters, someone who could make Yaya his b*tch. Get that man as the defensive foil to Rambo, Ozil et al and we can sustain a challenge this year...

In the big games man like Arteta and Flamini aren't cutting it. Too small. Too old. Too slow. They're "shore up the game at 2-1 ahead in the last 10 mins" type players

Regards,

ApolloStarks

• Downvote 1

Nah I'm still happy with Flamini, it's more Arteta starting 30+ games I'm not happy with. 

Flamini can still do a job.

So you'd rotate them 2 for the whole season? Turned over by Liverpool and Chelsea because we got outgun and outrun and outfought in midfield. Them 2 ain't stopping them boys brotha...

We've got a new winger, a new rb (to replace an outgoing one), a new gk (ditto), and a versatile youngster...so what's changed from last season when other teams are building?

Nah I'm still happy with Flamini, it's more Arteta starting 30+ games I'm not happy with. 

Flamini can still do a job.

So you'd rotate them 2 for the whole season? Turned over by Liverpool and Chelsea because we got outgun and outrun and outfought in midfield. Them 2 ain't stopping them boys brotha...

We've got a new winger, a new rb (to replace an outgoing one), a new gk (ditto), and a versatile youngster...so what's changed from last season when other teams are building?

Did I say rotate the 2? Read what I said please. I said I'm NOT HAPPY with Arteta starting 30+ games. He can f**k off for all I care he's got one year left. Flamini can rotate, and we buy better defensively.

/

It's not personnel in those games. It's tactics and performance away from home.

It's not a coincidence top teams hit big scores against us away from home. The middle of the park was more a problem than a Flamini or Arteta in those games. In fact before Chelsea hit their first Giroud had missed a glorious chance to make it 1-0 and I'm sure Flamini wasn't even playing. Until AW sets up differently against better organised teams we can buy whoever we want. We're still getting moved to.

So those 2 are to blame for us shipping 5's and 6's?

Don't let the lack of ability in 2 players, 1 whom never even played from the start, cloud judgement please. No one is disputing their lack of quality we're in agreement. I'm saying if you think a better DM would have saved those hammerings you're wrong.