Enfield Island village?

cashoverhoes

New Cross and Deptford are hipster central and I would say, yeah up by Goldsmiths it's relatively safe nowadays (was never really bad up there), even deptford high street isn't completely what it used to be.

New x, camberwell, peckham, okr are nice places to be if you're into the swaggy/artsy/hippy/liberal scene

35aw6zl.jpg

join us (if you're not full black)

Was out with this women last Saturday not sure if she is classed as a hipster. But she moved to the uk 9 years ago got her degree brought her house in new cross. Was down tower bridge with her at some festival she was telling me to come Brixton to watch the England match with her and her friends. I was like nah.

She was trying to convince me Brixton has changed allot has it?

Where have the ethnics gone?

which ends haven't got those?

Elephant

Kennington

Stockwell

The yuppies at work are pennying elephant hard tho

To summarise the infuriating conversation I had with a couple of them (non londoners/*cunts)- they feel that zone 1/2 areas should be for them and I quote "gentrification can be a good thing"

When I mentioned the large Spanish population already makin something of elephant one guy was basically on some f*ck dem vibe. They dnt matter, they can be pushed out. This guy is currently having a blast living in Brixton

They want all the Central places for themselves. So we end up like paris

some crystal palace players live in that tall appartment block in elephant and castle

Was out with this women last Saturday not sure if she is classed as a hipster. But she moved to the uk 9 years ago got her degree brought her house in new cross. Was down tower bridge with her at some festival she was telling me to come Brixton to watch the England match with her and her friends. I was like nah.

went brixton village couple times after training when i used to train at brixton rink, was full of white middle class

It's just been cleaned up more police patrols, less druggies hanging around that little grassy area near the ritzy.

Loads of 'ethnics' are still living in Brixton and the surrounding areas, what's happened though is the high street area has been completely changed and caters more to the 'professional' that's not to say that all the usual other shops aren't still there. 

Brixton is interesting in that a lot of older black people paid off their mortgages before the rush on property there 12 years ago so are sitting pretty if they ever want to sell. 

Newham is seeing redevelopment in localised patches, it will stay a hole for the foreseeable future

Royal Docks wont be anything like Canary Wharf

I've actually sat down with the man behind the Stratford Regeneration project and asked him about this, he's actually quite disappointed in what it has become, 'Islands of wealth amongst oceans of poverty'.

;/

thats what gentrification is buddy

canary wharf is located in e14 which is the london borough of tower hamlets which is the poorest borugh in the uk

but go to canary wharf and you would have no idea

up and down london there are rich parts living adjacent to some shitholes what are you talking about

The areas earmarked for redevelopment aren't traditional slums, just unused brownfield land.

Canary Wharf again utilised brownfield land to create a new expensive community.

Gentrification is the social shift of an already established community not building nice houses on wasteland because anyone can build expensive flats and justify it in London.

Newham is not seeing gentrification yet, just pockets of expensive developments, those towers in Stratford for example aren't going to impact the social class of the people who live in Romford Road are they?

You f*cking plumb, that area used to be a massive ghetto before it got made into nothing to then be developed into something

Silly boy, was talking about the actually Canary Wharf office development spurring on the redevelopment of an area not the whole Isle of Dogs area getting mowed down by men in roll up trousers who smoke pipes.

During the 1980s, under the London Docklands Development Corporation, the Isle of Dogs was made an Enterprise Zone, offering incentives to try to attract businesses and developers to the area. Investment was helped by new transport initiatives: the Docklands Light Railway and London City Airport. Construction started on Canary Wharf - once a cargo warehouse - in 1988.

Guest Chelsea Jack

mitcham?

yeah 

last time i was there like 09 tho so maybe its different now

lol at ever being shook in mitcham

grew up around there my whole life, ends is run down to fuck but if ur shook ur just a fass. unlk

Im Brixton the shotters jus crossed the road. They are still there in full effect.

I dnt eff with the village. It cringes me out

What upsets me about gentrification is that these yuppies an hipsters dnt wanna settle in these areas. They are just passing through. Hence y they dnt care about local amenities which already exist. Its like a parallel universe existing in the same time space contiuum. Theres only ever merge when they wanna buy some weed or what not

Guest Chelsea Jack

one of my boys going Uni next year at goldsmiths - tht uni is basically in the centre of di hipsta haven init

been through new cross a coupla times and yh I agree with woodpecker it's nice not having to be cautious the way I used to when i visited fam in places like mitcham and tottenerrrm

You sounded pretty shook in the ends to me bro. Luhlz at comparing mtown to totty.

emerge into your world

but have you seen theirs?

Ive straddled two world's my entire life. All the time i was growing up these future yuppies never wanted to come to Clapham even let alone Brixton. Now they live there. I used to hang rnd in centre court, Wimbledon as a youth.

I go pub with my yuppie work colleagues an experience their world but what I wont do is par with them in my ends. Its embarrassing an I dont like how they carry themselves.

Guest Chelsea Jack

emerge into your world

but have you seen theirs?

Ive straddled two world's my entire life. All the time i was growing up these future yuppies never wanted to come to Clapham even let alone Brixton. Now they live there. I used to hang rnd in centre court, Wimbledon as a youth.

I go pub with my yuppie work colleagues an experience their world but what I wont do is par with them in my ends. Its embarrassing an I dont like how they carry themselves.

u go wimbledon high smadds?