Enfield Island village?

cashoverhoes

u no why they do this...

they build expensive/leafy/vibrant places in so called 'shitholes' to drive the niggas out as they wont be able to afford the inflation that will be pending...

then when the niggas move out, the whites/chinese/oligarchs move in

/job done

Newham is seeing redevelopment in localised patches, it will stay a hole for the foreseeable future

Royal Docks wont be anything like Canary Wharf

I've actually sat down with the man behind the Stratford Regeneration project and asked him about this, he's actually quite disappointed in what it has become, 'Islands of wealth amongst oceans of poverty'.

;/

thats what gentrification is buddy

canary wharf is located in e14 which is the london borough of tower hamlets which is the poorest borugh in the uk

but go to canary wharf and you would have no idea

up and down london there are rich parts living adjacent to some shitholes what are you talking about

The areas earmarked for redevelopment aren't traditional slums, just unused brownfield land.

Canary Wharf again utilised brownfield land to create a new expensive community.

Gentrification is the social shift of an already established community not building nice houses on wasteland because anyone can build expensive flats and justify it in London.

Newham is not seeing gentrification yet, just pockets of expensive developments, those towers in Stratford for example aren't going to impact the social class of the people who live in Romford Road are they?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I lived in enfield chase for a bit, was quite nice, quiet, overground station, near to the town, white middle class population, house prices probably gone up since i was there though.

I live in hackney wick now, 90% of people u see come out the station are white middle class/hipster. Its nice location though, victoria park on one side and olympic park on the other, 10 minute walk to westfield, overground line is pretty good. Its not the hackney i remember as a kid but i cant say the change is a bad thing.

Der trying a ting in Edmonton with all them new builds "silver point" on fore street lol try a make it sound like a spot to live

looool

them buildings were meant to be built this summer.   They need to allow it. Apparently they going to have a bar there as well :lol:

Der trying a ting in Edmonton with all them new builds "silver point" on fore street lol try a make it sound like a spot to live

looool

them buildings were meant to be built this summer. They need to allow it. Apparently they going to have a bar there as well :lol:

A bar will be so out of character.

Better start stocking the Dragon Stout

• Upvote 1

which ends haven't got those?

Elephant

Kennington

Stockwell

The yuppies at work are pennying elephant hard tho

To summarise the infuriating conversation I had with a couple of them (non londoners/*cunts)- they feel that zone 1/2 areas should be for them and I quote "gentrification can be a good thing"

When I mentioned the large Spanish population already makin something of elephant one guy was basically on some fuck dem vibe. They dnt matter, they can be pushed out. This guy is currently having a blast living in Brixton

They want all the Central places for themselves. So we end up like paris

• Upvote 2

dont forget kent

/

my bits aint got a strada foxtons or pret only starbucks

in truth i couldnt tell u what a strada is or with confidence what a foxtons is (either real estate jewelry or mall?)

but the gentrification round here is rife, town centre and infrastructure changed a lot and in 5 years time its hardly gonna be recognizable

just praying it wont get like new cross which tbf wont be possible cause of the shit local uni

force out with their rank ethnic food smells amirite

shit was a certified choice at the end of the day

how dare these yuppy cunts pay a bag 1 for a flat i wanted to spend 6 bills for

in my own backgarden at that #pricingmeout

They left us to rot bro it is as simple as that 

They took their money and fucked off to a 'better life' out in the sticks 

I grew up on a road where there was hardly any ethnics at first and would constantly observe and witness the natives complaining about the influx of migrants and how they are looking to fuck off to essex. 

Now they are all gone you would find it hard to spot a white family on that particular road in Plaistow.

Problem for them was that for every white family that moved out there wasnt a white family to replace them. Only ethics did

Just how it was

• Upvote 2

the way on my road there is only a certified white family

its so strange because i look at them and think 'how comes you are still here'

i say that coz all the legit english people are no longer in london, and as said up top are all in kent/surrey and all them white ends now

but they look calm/happy/bliss in an area full of dakis

Newham is seeing redevelopment in localised patches, it will stay a hole for the foreseeable future

Royal Docks wont be anything like Canary Wharf

I've actually sat down with the man behind the Stratford Regeneration project and asked him about this, he's actually quite disappointed in what it has become, 'Islands of wealth amongst oceans of poverty'.

;/

thats what gentrification is buddy

canary wharf is located in e14 which is the london borough of tower hamlets which is the poorest borugh in the uk

but go to canary wharf and you would have no idea

up and down london there are rich parts living adjacent to some shitholes what are you talking about

The areas earmarked for redevelopment aren't traditional slums, just unused brownfield land.

Canary Wharf again utilised brownfield land to create a new expensive community.

Gentrification is the social shift of an already established community not building nice houses on wasteland because anyone can build expensive flats and justify it in London.

Newham is not seeing gentrification yet, just pockets of expensive developments, those towers in Stratford for example aren't going to impact the social class of the people who live in Romford Road are they?

You fucking plumb, that area used to be a massive ghetto before it got made into nothing to then be developed into something

dont forget kent

/

my bits aint got a strada foxtons or pret only starbucks

in truth i couldnt tell u what a strada is or with confidence what a foxtons is (either real estate jewelry or mall?)

but the gentrification round here is rife, town centre and infrastructure changed a lot and in 5 years time its hardly gonna be recognizable

just praying it wont get like new cross which tbf wont be possible cause of the sh*t local uni

What kind of a person that lives in the UK doesn't know what Foxtons does?

/

Taking part in gentrification atm, vienna its pretty easy, they start the shared houses for the universities, usually in a more run down but like desolate place, move pop-up stores in the empty shops and have flea markets. 7th district used to be the one but all those designers changed or made p etc so its a bit richer

6th district and 4th are the come up, the "hip" place to be. Will soon be cleared of scum

Scum get moved to the 23rd district, or outskirts of others

Ziegelhofstra%C3%9Fe_Wien_Donaustadt.jpg

they love it in places like that.

/

As for london, I'm with smaddy. Why the fuck would I want to walk near the center/my university and have to watch out for some cockroach coming out of a corner and stabbing me for my phone.

Why do I want to see iceland those @#123 logos with some big afrikan/jamaican/ or some filthy chavvie c*nt or some polish alcoholics. There's places for those people. 

Paris is pretty close to fantastic in that aspect however the police are a little lax in the inner city. I stayed with friends in a place called troccadero and it was sufficiently tranquil.

Vienna doing it will, Berlin doing it well (finally getting alexandraplatz from those greasy turks) 

what can I say, life is good

/

lol at ever even imagining moving to that waste dump for basic people

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

one of my boys going Uni next year at goldsmiths - tht uni is basically in the centre of di hipsta haven init

been through new cross a coupla times and yh I agree with woodpecker it's nice not having to be cautious the way I used to when i visited fam in places like mitcham and tottenerrrm