The Official Chelsea Thread

Guest Chelsea Jack

I thought Conte was wedded to playing his 5-4-1/3-4-3 system. Proved me wrong. Finally plugged the gaps that the two man midfield was leaving behind. Cesc being suspended was probably the best thing that could have happened to us.

/

Still not sold on Luiz in midfield though. He's Cesc like in the way he ball watches and covers the wrong spaces. He's twice the player Christensen is and belongs in a three man defence.

if I could edit the above about Luiz, I would

“[Conte asked me to] run! Run a lot! Not to cover the space of (Christian) Eriksen and Dele Alli. They always play very well between the lines so I was there to close this gap and not leave any space for them to create so I was trying to do my best.

guess it was under instruction

1 hour ago, Zizouz said:

Still not sold on Luiz in midfield though. He's Cesc like in the way he ball watches and covers the wrong spaces. He's twice the player Christensen is and belongs in a three man defence.

He was very good second half. Agree that he's a defender first and can just play in midfield if we're light on bodies. 

Thought it was a fantastic performance from us really limited and frustrated them which we've struggled to do in the League for a while now. Even when we went behind you just knew it wasn't over. 

11 minutes ago, Thizz said:

He was very good second half. Agree that he's a defender first and can just play in midfield if we're light on bodies. 

Thought it was a fantastic performance from us really limited and frustrated them which we've struggled to do in the League for a while now. Even when we went behind you just knew it wasn't over. 

Yeah that was a satisfying win. None of the downing tools nonsense from two years ago (fuck Matic, glad that fuckboy is gone). We finally shut down them halfspaces between CB and WB, and looked comfortable doing it. Even in the loss to Burnley the only truly concerning performance came from Michy. For the longest I thought Conte was gonna be a one trick pony - 343 till I die type of character. It really is just a case of a manager being failed by the money men/women above him. We'd see different systems and approaches if he had the players available. At this point I'd happily take Danny Drinks and Candreva. Times are tough.

But please oh please lort don't let there be another Hector and Djilobodji double deal.

On 21/08/2017 at 10:26 AM, Drift said:

A manager actually preparing for a specific threat that the opposition on the day possess and instructing his players to help deal with it.

Wenger would send out Ramsey and Xhaka and wonder why it's 3-0 after 55 minutes. 

Realest

Reading that was so foreign to me

FUckin knew the board was gonna move like this. Watchin everyone go off and wait for the last week to fix up.

sounds like Swansea are interested in Remy. Would be good if we could swap him for llorente, calm business

mahrez also now in talks over possible 46,5m move. Think that will be the end of willian tho :(

Respect Willi please!

He's seen off the following:

Mata

Oscar

Schurrle

De Bruyne 

Cuadrado

Salah

Soon to add Mahrez to that list. I want Willian to retire here (as long as he's taken off freekick duty).

12 minutes ago, i5_PRODUCER said:

Opinions on Willian in here change like the wind 

On 9/26/2016 at 7:57 PM, Zizouz said:

His mum is in hospital dying of cancer :( I wanted him gone last season in spite of his fluke free kicks but not now at a time like this. He is nothing but a ball carrier. There's a place in the squad for him but in years gone by he wouldn't touch 30 games in a 60 game season. 

Nothing has changed. I weren't really talking about the player, more the man. Over the last year he's become embedded into the club unlike most of the other players. Gave his all while his mum was dying of a brain tumour in Brazil. His dad travels incognito to away games. Even said he's looking to gain British citizenship and rejected the chance to sign for your lot two summers in a row. The man >> The player

53 minutes ago, Zizouz said:

Respect Willi please!

He's seen off the following:

Mata

Oscar

Schurrle

De Bruyne 

Cuadrado

Salah

Soon to add Mahrez to that list. I want Willian to retire here (as long as he's taken off freekick duty).

Whats with the defensiveness brudda? 

Dont want to see him go either but being linked to Barca and conte slidin through mahrez' dm's.. ANYTHING could happen