The Mental Health Thread

Salamanca

This is discussion for those who suffer with disabilities or friends who suffer with disabilities.

What do you suffer with, how do you help yourself and how has it affected your life?

I'm convinced a lot of close friends actually have ADHD and have repeatedly told them to get checked but they brush it off as "banta"

Justin, how has your autism affected your day to day life and how did you learn to cope?

I'm sure everyone under 24 has adhd

Guest Chelsea Jack

bi polar disorder?

my ex had it

she was a loon

its similar to bi polar, its Borderline Personality Disorder

yea she was a nutjob but no fault of her own

Lived with one guy at uni who had this. Absolute head case/ Wrongun. Can only imagine how a girl with that would move.

I personally believe that a lot of these 'mental' conditions dont exist, they are just made up by doctors to help people come to terms with their life/social problems

Its like "I got dyslexia / im bipolar etc, ahh that makes sense now, no wonder why I do X/Y/Z"

but in actual fact the individual probably had issues in their upbringing or other type of learning/social issues, or maybe their just generally a c*nt

And the label of being 'mentally ill' mixed with all these medications they get pumped (which is essentially just sedatives and other mind control drugs) allows the person to stay in denial and not have to deal with their issues in an alternative most likely aggressive way which would be deemed as risky

Think its easier for doctors and patients to deal with it this way

• Downvote 3