Alexis Sanchez 7

Badman

alexis sanchez:

striker/wide player

great passer

loves to drop deep

holds up the ball well for a short guy(he's wedge tho n/h)

likes to play 1-2's

shoots on sight

mad fast

MAD dribbling/step overs(used to do them more before he went barca think they try teach him out of it)

Work rate/Presses like a mad man

Carries the ball

Makes runs off the ball

Links up well with strikers(played well with Cesc not so much with Messi)

• Upvote 1

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “As many people have seen during the World Cup this summer, Alexis is a fantastic footballer and we are delighted that he is joining us at Arsenal Football Club.

“Alexis will add power, creativity and much quality to our squad and we are all looking forward to him joining up with us in a few weeks. He has consistently produced top-quality performances at the highest level for a number of seasons now and we are all excited to see him integrate into the Arsenal squad. I’m sure all Arsenal supporters will join me in welcoming Alexis to our club.”

Sanchez said: “I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal, a club which has a great manager, a fantastic squad of players, huge support around the world and a great stadium in London. I’m looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to be playing for Arsenal in the Premier League and Champions League. I will give my best to Arsenal and want to make all the supporters happy.”

Sanchez travelled to London Colney on Thursday to complete his medical and will join up with his new team-mates at the end of July, after spending some time on holiday following the World Cup.

It is expected that Sanchez will make his first Arsenal appearance at the Emirates Cup, which takes place at Emirates Stadium on Saturday, August 2 and Sunday, August 3.

Mikel Arteta believes that the signing of Alexis Sanchez is a major statement by the club.

It was announced on Thursday that the Chilean international had signed a long-term contract after joining from Barcelona on Thursday.

Arteta is certain the 25-year-old will prove to be a big asset and says he has all the qualities to succeed in the Premier League.

“I'm delighted,” he told Arsenal Player. “He’s the type of player we were looking for.

“At some stage [last season] we didn't have that pace up front with the injuries we had, but this year we will. We will be a threat in behind teams and he'll give us another option.

“He's a character, too. He's a fighter and very ambitious. I think he's the type of player that the Arsenal fans will really like.

“It is a very good statement to show where we are going. I think we are going in the right direction, the club is ambitious, the directors are ambitious and we are going to fight for big aims.

“The FA Cup was good but not enough and we want to improve on that.”

Ivan Gazidis has hailed the signing of Alexis Sanchez as a “great step” for the club.

The Chile international agreed a long-term contract with Arsenal on Thursday and will join up with the first-team squad after a short break.

The signing sparked an ecstatic reaction from the club's supporters, and Gazidis was delighted to secure such an exciting player.

“It is fantastic, that’s what this is all about - making sure the club progresses and that we make our fans happy and proud,” the chief executive told Arsenal Player.

“It is a brilliant feeling when we are bringing players in and winning trophies.

“We have been really clear, we will only bring in players who can really add to the squad and we do think he is world class. He is a great signing for us.

"It is a great step, and takes us one step closer to where we want to be."

Alexis, Welcome to Arsenal, how does it feel to have joined the club?
I feel happy to be here. I know this club has a manager that looks after his players and takes care of them as well. I am here to win titles and to achieve as much as possible.  

What do you know about Arsenal?
Arsenal is a club that cares about the players and I can learn a lot here. It is also a great team. That’s why I am here.

Do you know you are the first Chilean player we have ever had? That must make you proud
I am certainly glad to be the first Chilean ever playing for Arsenal. I will do my best to achieve every possible thing with the club.

How influential was Arsène Wenger in your decision to move to the club?
I was told that he is a manager you can learn a lot with. He wants to achieve great things in football and that helped me make the decision to sign for Arsenal.

Arsène's teams are known for playing football with style. How important is that to you?
Arsène Wenger´s style of play is the sort of style the Chilean national team has. Therefore I am used to it. Arsenal plays very well, which fits my style. That's why I moved here.  

You can play in a few attacking roles. Has the manager talked about where he might use you?
The manager has mentioned some certain positions, but I am not worried about it right now. The manager and I will talk about my role as soon as I start training.

Did you follow the club’s fortunes last season - and particularly the FA Cup final win?
I think that Arsenal had a good season. The team not only plays really good football, but the squad is really good and we can win silverware.

How important was the signing of Mesut Ozil last year in the way Arsenal are viewed around Europe?
Mesut Ozil is an important player worldwide, both at club and at international level. With Ozil in the squad Arsenal was [close] to winning the league title. I hope I can make a contribution so we can win as many titles as possible.

With Ozil, yourself and the rest of the squad, how confident are you that Arsenal can challenge for the Premier League title?
We have a great squad and we are a big club. We can achieve big things.

What about the league title? Is it possible to win it?
Playing regularly wasn't the only reason why I came here. I came here to win the league title, the Champions League and every title at stake.

Emirates Stadium is one of the most famous in world football, how much are you looking forward to playing there?
I am definitely looking forward to playing there. Every child dreams to play in a ground like Emirates Stadium.

Your debut could come in the Emirates Cup at the start of August. How is important is it to start well in front of the home supporters?
The most important thing is to be calm and not to rush things. Everything will be fine as long as I take it easy and calm down. But I am also looking forward to showing why I am here.

Alexis, you're just back from the World Cup. How was that experience?

It was a great experience, both for me and the team. Sadly Chile couldn´t progress any further but we gave our best and we showed that we are a strong team with quality. I feel we earned everyone´s respect.

It was a South American World Cup, how important was the performance of Chile as a nation?

Playing in South America meant a lot to Chile as a nation. On a personal level the World Cup changed my life completely. I learnt attacking and defensive concepts and my decision-making on the pitch improved a lot too.

You are coming to Arsenal from Spanish football, you have played in Argentina and Italy too. What are you expecting to face in English football generally?

I always liked English football and of course I enjoyed watching it. Having played in Italy, Spain or Argentina, it's taught me a lot about those countries footballers and people too. I am in England now and my aim is to keep learning.

What kind of challenges do you expect to face in English football?

I feel that playing in England will be perhaps the most challenging step I´ve ever taken in my football career. There are plenty of competitive teams in the league and I will do my best sincerely to win as much as possible.

Every new player needs time to adapt. Do you think it will be a little easier as you have moved around before?

Simply, I will adapt as the time goes by. I just want to play football and ultimately enjoy myself on the pitch.

Your Chile team-mate Gary Medel has played in the Premier League. Did you speak to him about English football?

Yes, of course Gary and I talked a bit about English football. He very much likes English football and he is doing a great job in here.

You are known as a very hard working player, is that the most important aspect of adapting?

A footballer should always work hard for his team in order to win everything, so it is an important quality for everyone.

In La Liga last year you scored 19 goals and made 10 assists.  Which do you prefer scoring or making goals?

To be honest I like both scoring and making goals. Obviously, scoring is a very pleasant thing, but it also pleases me a lot to make goals for my team-mates. Ultimately though, winning is the best feeling.

Players like Salas and Zamarano have done well at top clubs Spain and Italy but no Chilean has won big honours in England. Do you feel  perhaps you are representing your country with this move?

I feel I am always representing my country. That´s why I tried to do my best for every club I played for. Since childhood I have always said that I wanted to win everything, wherever I went, and that is the reason why I am here now.

Who was your football hero growing up and why?

I didn´t have any particular idol during my childhood. I admired Zamorano and Salas because they were important Chilean players, but if I have to pick one I would say the Brazilian Ronaldo. I always admired him as a player.

What made him so admirable?

He was very strong on the pitch and watching him really motivated me to play football.

Finally, give us your message for the fans

Ultimately I have come to Arsenal to win everything possible thing with the help of my team-mates. I look forward to making the fans very happy.

Alexis Sanchez will have no trouble settling in at Arsenal, according to his new team-mate Aaron Ramsey.

Chile forward Sanchez is now the second-most expensive signing in Arsenal's history following his £30million move from Barcelona.

And Ramsey reckons the new arrival has the quality to make an instant impact in the Premier League whether Arsene Wenger uses him out wide or as a central striker.

"I'll leave that to the manager," Ramsey told Sky Sports News. "We all know about his qualities - he's quick, he can get in behind and dribble with the ball so he'll certainy slot in with ease.

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is excited by the arrival of Alexis Sanchez and believes he will easily slot into their team.

"He's a fantastic talent. He's proven it at Barcelona, and at the World Cup he was Chile's main player. I'm sure he'll settle right into this squad and show his quality.

"It's a great signing for us and he'll certainly add quality to the team and bring his own style. We're all looking forward to working with him."

Sanchez was persuaded to join after talking to Wenger, and Ramsey has welcomed the manager's decision to sign a new contract over the summer.

He said: "That was a massive moment for this club and for us players. He's been a fantastic manager over the years and one we all enjoy working with.

"He's easy to get along with and gives you his opinions on how you can improve. He has great man-management skills, and it was important for the club to get him signed up again."

Next to arrive at the Emirates could be France right-back Mathieu Debuchy, who is expected to join from Newcastle as a replacement for Bacary Sagna.

Ramsey said: "He plays for the French national team and has good quality. I'm sure he'll settle in if he does come here."

encountered A LOT of salt over this signing.

FAM!

.........but at the same time, a lot of gas from them Arsenal fans

Just came back from the Barbers in Tottenham. You know them ones where your sitting quietly cringing smh

:lmao:

Same with my barbers. Them man not only  drop the salt . But they always drop the most biased crud that send the place into chaos.

Carl Jenkinson is confident that Alexis Sanchez will fit perfectly with Arsenal’s style of play.

The Chilean international is set to meet up with his new team-mates later this month after agreeing to join the club.

Jenkinson says the deal has caused a real stir at the training ground, with the whole Gunners squad excited about the new arrival.

“He is a fantastic player, everyone at the club is buzzing about it,” the right back told Arsenal.com. “It is a similar feeling to when Mesut Ozil signed last year.

“He is world class and they’re the sort of players you want to see at the club. The squad are buzzing as much as the fans, because if you’re going to push on as a club and really compete for things, you need to sign top players.

“We have done that with him for sure - it is a fantastic addition. Everyone is over the moon that we have signed someone of that calibre.

“He’s quick and direct, he can play up front and on the wing, and he is very dynamic. He will definitely fit the Arsenal style of play, and he is very similar to Theo in the sense that he is very quick and tricky.

“If you’re world class then you fit into any side and he’s definitely in that category.”

Jenkinson cannot wait for the new season, and says that winning the FA Cup has only increased the squad’s hunger for trophies.

“Once you’ve got one, want to experience it again,” he said. “Everyone was over the moon with winning the FA Cup - it was such a big thing for us all.

“Fingers crossed we can compete on all fronts this season. We have the squad and we are signing players like Sanchez, so I don’t see why we can’t.”

TediousMatureDuiker.gif

blhJn2P.gif

That's probably the best dribble he's ever done at Barca...

He's a good player but I've been watching him since he went to Barca and he can be very frustrating at times with his decision making.

He's needs to play on the right to get the best out of him or potentially as a option upfront but that won't happen straight away.

We will see... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ye fingers crossed

not too too convinced in his performances upfront so far though ill be honest

if he gets another run tomorrow he'll probably do bits so despite the weaker comp we can get a look at what his ceiling is at striker

debuchy >>

i aint liked a full back like this since..

well damn

• 2 weeks later...