BBC 1XTRA Names The Most Influential Artist in Black and Urban Music in the UK

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Chelsea Jack

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. My opinion is that Sloth is jokes tbh.. Have you actually listened to his show?

No one likes change..

I didnt want him to succeed after growing up with Uncle Westwood, but his show is wicked sometimes. Obviously he's not as revered, or respected by the big US acts, but he seems to be able to old his own.. He can't shut down a dance like Westwood tho... Atorrrrrr

I was upset when Rampage got cut, but now, I couldn't give a sh*t... Made me more aware of Twin B and others who I didn't listen to before..

Some silly beetroot face obese c*nt screaming at the top of his lungs.. guy is a force and not even funny with it like tim was. Bbc jus wanted a younger don for all these kids who dont know their arsehole from their elbow.

If streets never came out with that statement he'd be out of a job.

And that right there is exactly why we won't get anywhere.

Don't use 'Urban' and black then make a list containing white people and send black Uncle Toms like streets to make stupid statements claiming this isn't about race when your company focuses on the fact you PLAY 'Urban' and 'black culture' music. Them and Capital Xtra absolutely disgust me so much I don't even listen to radio in this country anymore. US radio stations >>>>

Sh*t's disgusting over here.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

This ladies and gentlemen is an example of the worst type of black man in todays society

And a typical example of why Blacks as a race will not move anywhere

In a position of power/influence and is nothing but a yes man for his slave masters

What gets me is that its such a contrast to how he used to post in here

Mug

• Upvote 1

Guest Chelsea Jack

Don't use 'Urban' and black then make a list containing white people and send black Uncle Toms like streets to make stupid statements claiming this isn't about race when your company focuses on the fact you PLAY 'Urban' and 'black culture' music. Them and Capital Xtra absolutely disgust me so much I don't even listen to radio in this country anymore. US radio stations >>>>

This ladies and gentlemen is an example of the worst type of black man in todays society

And a typical example of why Blacks as a race will not move anywhere

In a position of power/influence and is nothing but a yes man for his slave masters

What gets me is that its such a contrast to how he used to post in here

Mug

hes asian bro, not black

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. My opinion is that Sloth is jokes tbh.. Have you actually listened to his show?

No one likes change..

I didnt want him to succeed after growing up with Uncle Westwood, but his show is wicked sometimes. Obviously he's not as revered, or respected by the big US acts, but he seems to be able to old his own.. He can't shut down a dance like Westwood tho... Atorrrrrr

I was upset when Rampage got cut, but now, I couldn't give a sh*t... Made me more aware of Twin B and others who I didn't listen to before..

Yeah listened to his show a couple times when he took over from Tim. Man spent then whole show shouting, screaming and laughin down the mic. More bombs than Westwood as well. Felt like there was more talk than music ffs

We must never forget the roots of the different genre's that have graced the world

Cos after sales and money and business men killing the music industry that's all that's left #TheRoots. Don't forget the roots

In different countries different people come up with cultures and movements . A lot of the music I like is urban . Urban = black led.

With that being said I am open minded but I keep meeting people who think these genre's and sounds we all like have no roots .

All genre's have roots wether you like it or not . It's also ok for any human too take part but whoever takes part must know the roots.

The roots of a genre are the ones who influence other people to take part and be influenced . It becomes multicultural and then #Boom.

#Boom the people who do it forget where it even started and who started it and become gassed up cos someone who they favour sells lots .

This is when people start get excited cos they think their people are ahead of the roots ...Lol

If you live in a place where you are the minority and someone from the majority loves the culture and takes part .Yes He/she might sell more

Simply cos the majority want to make sure they can always be above the minority . In any case .

Any business industry where money is being made will always have different types of people in it but at the top will always be (Non-Blacks)

Even being part of the minority god sends us blessings but the bigger picture is we are still trying to sell to the majority . #Catch22

• Upvote 1

I stopped listening to 1xtra time ago. I may catch a rodigan show but that's it.

Theyve made so many bad decisions. First one for me was when they took jason an yare of the breakfast show. They were tooo funny I dno how they could let them go. I couldn't abide trevor nelson in the morning.

Then wwhen they brought it Charlie sloth over Westwood.

Final straw was that lesbian they have presentin in the day. She's a predatory creep using her position to feel up celebrity women and making it a "bit" on her show

1xtra has been full if sh*t for sooo long

This is exactly my point. There is nothing going on for the evolution of black culture on 1Xtra. How the hell can a corporation Managed by white people have the nerve to influence black culture? 

These corporations are ruthless and couldnt give a crap about the influence of black culture. You can say you like this or that person on the station. But there is no cultural evolution and everyone is just in it for a Pay cheque. Expect the younger generation to be mad because they are the ones not seeing it.

And there it is, proof in the pudding. You don't use this forum yet care enough about public opinion to come browse anonymous and see who's disappointed in you. You KNEW what you done said and contributed towards this bullshit being spun and feel some type of way I'm telling you you're a SELL OUT.

F*ck outta here.

defo sounds like a sell out

typical black man who's just playing his position, he can't bite the hands that feeds him

i bet he has a beige kid or at the very least his with a becky

Its not as if he personally picked that list and is defending it.

He works for the BBC its not rocket science.

Its his job to make a statement rebutting whatever backlash there is relating to this list regardless of what his personal opinion is.

Someone who gets it.

I'll always rate this forum but I'm far too old to get involved in the drama so if anyone wants to chat to me for some answers - hit me up in the DMs and I'll call/email you.