BBC 1XTRA Names The Most Influential Artist in Black and Urban Music in the UK

Mame Biram Diouf

Twin is a cool yute, so is Austin.

The problem with the list imo, is man are naming man, white or black, that they THEMSELVES don't really care about.

2014 Dizzee Rascal? Really?!?! Even the reasons. It's lame.

Thats not the point though is it.

Strategically dropping those names on that list and the order in which they got dropped can assist a man with a particular agenda

From where I am sitting its less likely to be an agenda to promote black urban music and more an agenda to boast that WMSW 

Its the underlying connotations which concern me and I am the kind of guy that see's though this kind of political ploy

Everyone that assists in this is ultimately a tool

• Upvote 4

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. My opinion is that Sloth is jokes tbh.. Have you actually listened to his show?

No one likes change..

I didnt want him to succeed after growing up with Uncle Westwood, but his show is wicked sometimes. Obviously he's not as revered, or respected by the big US acts, but he seems to be able to old his own.. He can't shut down a dance like Westwood tho... Atorrrrrr

I was upset when Rampage got cut, but now, I couldn't give a sh*t... Made me more aware of Twin B and others who I didn't listen to before..

No one likes culture vultures

They come in, exploit the culture, and walk away with a pay cheque from their masters. How is that empowering and evolving?

Boycott the word "black" associated with 1xtra please

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. My opinion is that Sloth is jokes tbh.. Have you actually listened to his show?

No one likes change..

I didnt want him to succeed after growing up with Uncle Westwood, but his show is wicked sometimes. Obviously he's not as revered, or respected by the big US acts, but he seems to be able to old his own.. He can't shut down a dance like Westwood tho... Atorrrrrr

I was upset when Rampage got cut, but now, I couldn't give a sh*t... Made me more aware of Twin B and others who I didn't listen to before..

No one likes culture vultures

They come in, exploit the culture, and walk away with a pay cheque from their masters. How is that empowering and evolving?

Boycott the word "black" associated with 1xtra please

Thanks

but black people do this all the time to themselves anyway.

Think you lot are getting more upset that this list solidifys what has always been known.

black people been having their culture sold back to them for a few years now

all a bit late to be crying about it now tbh.

Twin is a cool yute, so is Austin.

The problem with the list imo, is man are naming man, white or black, that they THEMSELVES don't really care about.

2014 Dizzee Rascal? Really?!?! Even the reasons. It's lame.

Thats not the point though is it.

Strategically dropping those names on that list and the order in which they got dropped can assist a man with a particular agenda

From where I am sitting its less likely to be an agenda to promote black urban music and more an agenda to boast that WMSW 

Its the underlying connotations which concern me and I am the kind of guy that see's though this kind of political ploy

Everyone that assists in this is ultimately a tool

I agree ultimately...

BUT...

That doesn't come JUST from the 1Xtra building tho, they just for whatever reason (probably their paymasters) decided to do another unrequired, and uninspiring list. No doubt the email came down the chain, Austin or whoever passed it to Twin to do it this time, next time it will be someone else.

I point out Dizzee to stop this being another race debate, Dizzee isn't influential at all, hasn't been for ages now, motivational? Yes... Thats set in stone now. Infact well maybe he is influential cos he gets people who should know better to support some of his garbage music, and my ears don't know how... See I don't even know no more lol.

• Upvote 1

can you even quantify influence?

Such a stupid arbitrary list.

You would have to do a survey an do some calculations to really understand the influence these people have.

The list should just be dismissed as spam an leave it at that

can you even quantify influence?

Such a stupid arbitrary list.

You would have to do a survey an do some calculations to really understand the influence these people have.

The list should just be dismissed as spam an leave it at that

IMO, the effect your music or even your personality in same cases has on a genre.

Dizzee, everyone on that list has been influential no doubt musically, but right now GTFOH, they have reached a point where most of them right now for the most part they giving me masta's music. You know the will it get playlisted on Radio 1 music? Thats their agenda, they got to eat, whatever... Thats why the list in itself is pointless...

Which is why when Wiley's complaining about it, its a bit laughable cos he too is part of the problem...

Now the reality is the white artists are probably pushing the genres further, cos truth be told they always get the most freedom to do what they want.

If 1Xtra must do lists can they just give me lists of the next 10 artists to go, at the start of the year, then support them and their music for the next year, please...

• Upvote 1

thing is tho a lot of influence now for 'urban music' a lot comes from US

for that list to be true imo, they'd have to include certain americans cos they have way more influence on the sound than diz,wiley etc have had in years.

ppl like tinie n sam smith have nothing to do with what can be called an 'urban' culture

Dizzee, everyone on that list has been influential no doubt musically, but right now GTFOH, they have reached a point where most of them right now for the most part they giving me masta's music.

You know the will it get playlisted on Radio 1 music? Thats their agenda, they got to eat, whatever... Thats why the list in itself is pointless...

Which is why when Wiley's complaining about it, its a bit laughable cos he too is part of the problem...

Now the reality is the white artists are probably pushing the genres further, cos truth be told they always get the most freedom to do what they want.

If 1Xtra must do lists can they just give me lists of the next 10 artists to go, at the start of the year, then support them and their music for the next year, please...

Real talk.

The list was probably titled or made up with the view of most successful, then the title changed at the last minute to be controversial.

If the former is correct the list would hold some truth but at the same time Ed Sheeran apart from 1 or 2 tunes and his appearances on sbtv doesn't really do Black Music.

Jessie J doesn't do black music, she is a pop artist.

Rita Ora is primarily a pop artist.

Few things though.

The lack of black people in the top 8 is startling.

The lack of new black faces is startling.

Surprised Professor Green didn't make the list.

Omar dropped a classic album last year, imagine how he must feel.

• Downvote 1

u man keep fooling yourself and coming up with these fantastical reasons to why this & why that

white ppl/jews own & fully control the music industry

all i know is if a similar list was put together for most influential artist in [insert any white dominated music genre] no black artist apart from maybe mj etc would appear on it

more than not, things are always exactly as they are

don't kid yourselves

I remember Rinse FM was a BLACK music radio station. What do black people do when they sell out for a Pay Cheque?

You get this http://rinse.fm/family/

I dont see a white man begging to work for a Muslim. I dont see a White man begging to work for an Arab. Oh but guess what. Black people will sell out their culture to anyone. Its a fact LIKE IT OR NOT. I am sick and tired of neegros with constant excuses. But the reality is most of you just want to debate, refute, and counter everything and anything, all while accomplishing nothing.

Trust me, Black people are going to get right. 

You could say something as simple as “water is wet” and they will start debating about how dry ice was invented by the black man in a secret chamber under the Great Pyramid in 1100B.C. Avoid these people. You can’t win their game because their game is to get you to respond to them so they can keep talking. While you are talking in circles trying to prove your point…what are you doing? Drop your knowledge, then walk away. I call that “The Grenade”.

FAAAA rinse fm is  white washed. 

Used to listen every fridays to Stamina. He ran this black phone in show that used to run into early hours of saturday morning. It was sick. Callers were dropping the real uncensored stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Rinse FM was made by a bunch of white guys, pipe down.

/

Question: if Ed Sheeran wasn't on that list, would we care as much? I probably wouldn't have.

Even if you are at a station so long doing all these raves, they could have came together and bought the station.