Brent Faiyaz...

Elementalism

artworks-000064188268-u1q936-t500x500.jp

https://soundcloud.com/brentfaiyaz/sets/brent-faiyaz-black-child-ep

Young rapper/producer/singer from outta suburban Maryland, currently located in North Carolina. Down with a team called LoKi (Lost Kids). He's got a couple videos out. Checked his Black Child release and I'm glad I did...

Had this EP on rotation for the last 6 months, solid effort - beats kinda remind me of 40's production sounds. Very clean, spacious tunes with cool samples and dope chord progressions. Everyone who I've played it around has had to ask who it was.

Got the full package IMO, he raps, sings and makes/engineers his own beats and he's mad young still - only 18/19 IIRC.

Take him in.  Standouts on the EP for me are December Nights, Timb$ (the second part of the tune), Down Forever, Successors and Love Thing. 5/9 tracks..

He also dropped a couple teaser joints off his new EP recenly that are certi...

This joint showcases his ear for melodies, his voice is ill.

"Girl remember my face...."

banderas.png
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
3 minutes ago, Elementalism said:

^ I respect that Nola! Glad you listened, you popped into my head as I was resurrecting the thread still!

This joint reminds me of early Musiq Soulchild..

You were quick on this dude just saw when u created the thread. I only properly tuned in to gold link (and co) recently. 

I hear what u are saying about musiq soulchild i hear it just a lil bit

Bless @Nola D - yeah it was early! Was around the time I discovered a next guy called Ryshon Jones, also Grandemarshall from Philly, they all had a kinda DIY bedroom sound to their production that I felt. His Black Child EP was flames, but almost impossible to find now - I have a copy on a computer somewhere, gonna reup it as people are proper catting for it now he's climbing.

With that said, he seems to have removed the early stuff he did - maybe he wasn't feeling it 100% himself. 

@Incumbent - de nada! Spread the love, Brent is slept on.

Every song has quotables.

"Girl when you wear them heels/It's like you're making a deal with the devil"

Speaking of the devil, I clocked one of Brent's joints of AM Paradox on this video with Diddy himself:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

^^ thats a tune as is burn one interlude, first world probs, talk 2 u, so far gone. Such a good first album. I dont wanna compare but i defo hear the influence of a couple artists on this. The melodies in talk 2 u are very donnel jones.