The Islamic Caliphate

Guest luckstar

Tbf he demonstrated why the comparison was silly in the 1st place.

1 problem exists because of religion.

1 problem exists regardless of religion.

People who are actual high ranking representatives of a religious organisation covering up pedophilia is a less damning reflection of that religion than a rogue group who have no authority over other muslims? Nah mate, not in my book.  

People who are Muslims can look at ISIS and honestly say "they don't reflect my values and I don't identify with them at all", can a Catholic person really saying that knowing that the person they deem closest to god at the head of the organisation was aware of pedophiles but did nothing about it? the foundations of it are rotten to the core.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest eights

Oh comon your telling me the amount of wars, fighting etc etc just happens to be in DIFFERENT Islamic countries and has nothing to do with Islam? When most are claiming that the words in the Quran or Allah has instructed them to carry out the bullshit that they do?

And you wanna compare that to 8,000 old white men who happen to be priests who play with children like we don't already know about it being common with white old men regardless of religion

How many of these priests claimed that the reason they fondle children is because Jesus had told them to or because of words in the bible?

How many terrorists commit attrosoties claiming that Allah has instructed them to or because of words in Quran?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Oh comon your telling me the amount of wars, fighting etc etc just happens to be in DIFFERENT Islamic countries and has nothing to do with Islam? When most are claiming that the words in the Quran or Allah has instructed them to carry out the bullshit that they do?

And you wanna compare that to 8,000 old white men who happen to be priests who play with children like we don't already know about it being common with white old men regardless of religion

How many of these priests claimed that the reason they fondle children is because Jesus had told them to or because of words in the bible?

How many terrorists commit attrosoties claiming that Allah has instructed them to or because of words in Quran?

You're spectacularly missing the point. It can be argued that these man don't represent Islam anymore than Breivik represents Christianity.

But the pedophile priests who are actually figures of authority within the Catholic Church aren't some rogue guys who've concealed their deviancy, their actions have been excused time and time again which means they are representative of the church and that type of behaviour is tolerated.

And you didn't answer before, aren't you a Black African?

• Upvote 2

People who are actual high ranking representatives of a religious organisation covering up pedophilia is a less damning reflection of that religion than a rogue group who have no authority over other muslims? Nah mate, not in my book.  

People who are Muslims can look at ISIS and honestly say "they don't reflect my values and I don't identify with them at all", can a Catholic person really say that knowing that the person they deem closest to god at the head of the organisation was aware of pedophiles but did nothing about it? the foundations of it are rotten to the core.

The foundations and books of both are rotten to the core

Only difference is that a group like Isis is probably closer in terms of doctrine and scripture to what is laid down in Islam, than a Catholic Priest is while Molesting little boys

I mean, the Bible is full of acquiescence and tacit approval some truly awful stuff, including rape, murder, homophobia, slavery, pedophilia (of a different kind, as if that matters) etc - but as far as I know no actual verse seems to support Priests sexually assaulting alter-boys

People who are Muslims can look at ISIS and honestly say "they don't reflect my values and I don't identify with them at all", can a Catholic person really say that knowing that the person they deem closest to god at the head of the organisation was aware of pedophiles but did nothing about it? the foundations of it are rotten to the core.

You're delusional. Of course not all muslims are islamists, but the fact remains that ISIS fighters and other Islamists see themselves as peerless adherents of their faith. Do they have scripture do back up their beliefs and actions. Yes they do.  What has Breivik got to do with anything? What a baseless comparison. In what way was Breivik motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

A large proportion of the world is on fire as a result of Islamism. From China to Nigeria, to Palestina, to Syria, to Kenya, to Libya. And you want to compare this Phenomenon to Breivik and the Catholic Sex abuse scandal? These Islamist groups contain thousands upon thousands of Breiviks. Why are the vast majority of terrorist organisations Islamist?

ISIS is not a just some rogue group, they are well-financed, well-equipped organisation, that runs a substantial land mass containing some 6 million people - they are close to taking Baghdad.

And it is simply untrue to say that Pope Benedict did nothing about it. Where is your outrage at the fact that child marriage is entirely permissible in Islam? 

• Upvote 2

Guest eights

You're spectacularly missing the point. It can be argued that these man don't represent Islam anymore than Breivik represents Christianity.

But the pedophile priests who are actually figures of authority within the Catholic Church aren't some rogue guys who've concealed their deviancy, their actions have been excused time and time again which means they are representative of the church and that type of behaviour is tolerated.

And you didn't answer before, aren't you a Black African?

Ye iam

Guest Chelsea Jack

You're delusional. Of course not all muslims are islamists, but the fact remains that ISIS fighters and other Islamists see themselves as peerless adherents of their faith. Do they have scripture do back up their beliefs and actions. Yes they do. What has Breivik got to do with anything? What a baseless comparison. In what way was Breivik motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

A large proportion of the world is on fire as a result of Islamism. From China to Nigeria, to Palestina, to Syria, to Kenya, to Libya. And you want to compare this Phenomenon to Breivik and the Catholic Sex abuse scandal? These Islamist groups contain thousands upon thousands of Breiviks. Why are the vast majority of terrorist organisations Islamist?

ISIS is not a just some rogue group, they are well-financed, well-equipped organisation, that runs a substantial land mass containing some 6 million people - they are close to taking Baghdad.

And it is simply untrue to say that Pope Benedict did nothing about it. Where is your outrage at the fact that child marriage is entirely permissible in Islam?

Whachu sayyyyyy ULYSSES

/DanceDone

• Downvote 1

Only difference is that a group like Isis is probably closer in terms of doctrine and scripture to what is laid down in Islam, than a Catholic Priest is while Molesting little boys

I mean, the Bible is full of acquiescence and tacit approval some truly awful stuff, including rape, murder, homophobia, slavery, pedophilia (of a different kind, as if that matters) etc - but as far as I know no actual verse seems to support Priests sexually assaulting alter-boys

The foundation of Christianity is rotten to the core how? 

Read the last line of the paragraph you quoted

Wars are older then all the main religions

As long as there are men, land and civilisations there will be war

Religion is just an easy excuse to validate why to go to war

If it isn't religion its in the name of democracy etc....

If a man wants something he will try take it it's as simple as that

If you believe its the fault of religion then your stupider then those who follow the guys who start these wars

Read the last line of the paragraph you quoted

Where does the christianity tacitly approve these things?

People like you unwittingly use Christian morality to make moral judgements about how 'evil' Christianity is

You're delusional. Of course not all muslims are islamists, but the fact remains that ISIS fighters and other Islamists see themselves as peerless adherents of their faith. Do they have scripture do back up their beliefs and actions. Yes they do. What has Breivik got to do with anything? What a baseless comparison. In what way was Breivik motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

This, solid post

Lol at comparing the teachings of Jesus with the teachings of Mohammed

Go read the history books, christians have raped and pillaged across the world in the name of jesus throughout history

You're delusional. Of course not all muslims are islamists, but the fact remains that ISIS fighters and other Islamists see themselves as peerless adherents of their faith. Do they have scripture do back up their beliefs and actions. Yes they do.  What has Breivik got to do with anything? What a baseless comparison. In what way was Breivik motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

A complete lack of understanding of the issues in each of those countries, the religion practised may be islam, and they may shout Allahu akhbar a lot, but they largely involve inequality from the government, poverty, unemployment, and in many cases tribal/ethnic disputes.

Well financed and well equipped, yes often by the west. Taliban ring any bells? Libya? Yes and now the syrian rebels trained and equipped by the west are running rampage in iraq.

If u think the mess in the middle east is simply down to the teachings of the Quran/crazy fanatical muslims, then i was mistaken about ur intelligence and ur intellect is actually on par with chaps

Isis's persecution of Iraqi Christians, which has already forced tens of thousands of men, women and children to flee for their lives, is fast becoming a genocide, religious leaders have warned.

Archbishop Athanasius Toma Dawod of the Syriac Orthodox church said that Isis's capture of Qaraqosh, Iraq's largest Christian city, had marked a turning point for Christians in the country.

"Now we consider it genocide – ethnic cleansing," he said. "They are killing our people in the name of Allah and telling people that anyone who kills a Christian will go straight to heaven: that is their message. They have burned churches; they have burned very old books. They have damaged our crosses and statues of the Virgin Mary. They are occupying our churches and converting them into mosques."

Naaaaah......is that how their going on?!?!

Did you not know that? They murdered/exiled all the Christians from Mosul and there are reports from all over northern Iraq of them taking Christian children and basically sawing them in half. They're doing the same stuff in northern Syria, where they are also massacring the secular anti-government forces

/

TimeBomb there is some truth in what you're saying but you can't blame all the arab's problems on the west

The only involvement the west has had in the rise of ISIS is by taking out Hussein (who kept the fanatics in check) and putting a Shia in power. Maybe the west also helped create a power vacuum in Syria by backing assad's downfall (but this is something I imagine you supported) which also allowed ISIS to move in.

Tbh there's something very funny about this whole ISIS thing. This is a group that until recently had around 20k fighters, but controls half of iraq's oilfields (who's buying the oil?), and is simultaneously defeating the Kurds (backed by the US, trained by Israeli SF), the entire Iraqi army (trained and backed by the US, with US equipment) - [allegedly 800 fighters ran off 30k Iraqi fighters], the FSA (backed by the US), pro-Assad forces (backed by Iran and Russia), the Lebanese Army and Hezbollah (backed by Iran and gave the Israeli army problems a few years ago) in 2 countries. And no country admits to funding them. Something doesn't add up. Ulysses?

Go read the history books, christians have raped and pillaged across the world in the name of jesus throughout history

A complete lack of understanding of the issues in each of those countries, the religion practised may be islam, and they may shout Allahu akhbar a lot, but they largely involve inequality from the government, poverty, unemployment, and in many cases tribal/ethnic disputes.

Well financed and well equipped, yes often by the west. Taliban ring any bells? Libya? Yes and now the syrian rebels trained and equipped by the west are running rampage in iraq.

If u think the mess in the middle east is simply down to the teachings of the Quran/crazy fanatical muslims, then i was mistaken about ur intelligence and ur intellect is actually on par with chaps

1. No, that's simply not true. Ask these fanatics if they're motivated by monetary concerns. Their religious fervour cannot be explained away by 'inequality from the government, poverty, unemployment, and in many cases tribal/ ethnic disputes'. What do these fanatics want? A society based on a Labour Party manifesto or a society based on what they feel is the purest form of Islam. The MENA region is by no means the poorest region in the world, nor is it the only region of the world in which there are internecine tribal/ ethnic disputes. 

Most prominent islamists are well educated and come from well-to-do backgrounds. What 'inequality from the government, poverty, unemployment' were lads from this country facing when they decided to leave their homes and families to go and fight in Syria? 

2. Yes. But who has been supporting ISIS? Qatar. Who funds Hamas? Qatar. Who has exported toxic Wahhabism to rest of the Muslim world? Saudi Arabia. 

3. I didn't say it was. But you cannot deny that it is an important force behind Islamism.