Facebook Messenger

Afroman

facebook-logo-change.jpg?w=420

Any one uses this?

Now I get a bit sceptical about anything linked to FB. Never shared my phone number or government name on there. But decided to install this app well kind of forced to when I was getting private message via fb as it was Long replying via the FB app.

Tried this app for a week now I think the lay out is pretty tidy and I was quite surprised when I got a call from this broad. Didn't know it had some voice over internet setup.  kinda of like skype with whats app together.  I just wasn't feeling how you have an dp of the person you are contact with floating on your phone screen.(recipe for disaster)

But after seeing this. I am defo  locking it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ITJGck3k4g

These apps aint loyal.

these are permissions you accept when you install

Android apps can't ask for permissions at the time of usage like iOS can (although I think in the next version they're putting this in) so your app has permission to do anything it needs from the get-go

Facebook have more to loose, so they'd probably not be messing about with your stuff, however if you're installing apps from random companies that aren't worth millions - you might wanna be more weary

It came out that a bunch of apps that were popular on the market were actually mining bitcoin (and the like) for their devs in the background - that's abuse

There's a lot of scaremongering from that vid linked.

The moral is, if you're using any application, you wont know what's really going on 100%. So if you're scared of that, may as well go back to the 3210.

But if you apply logic then the damage of even a rogue app can be minimized.

• Upvote 1